Beach cottages Beach cottages

Thailand Community Development Service Learning for Groups

We were in a completely different place

Working in the Muslim facility/school, being based in Krabi town, the KU guest house, Emma and Nong were great as were our group. The boat ride to work was also a great way to travel every day. The only difficulty was two members joining the group half way through, altered the dynamics.

Awesome experience

I liked having great staff that know the area and the language they were all willing to help with anything. Seeing our work making the school children change their attitude and taking pride in their surroundings was great.

I enjoyed it

My most positive experience with GVI and the other volunteers in Thailand was getting to see a new country, teaching the children English, playing with the children during our stay and the beaches that we went to.

I really did love my time there

My most positive experience was the great people I met, work and general experience of Thailand. I really did love my time there. Overall it was a fantastic experience and I trust that the inexperience of the staff will not be the same on every GVI base.

Great way to meet people

Loved the side trips that were worked into the program. Loved the staff. Great way to meet people from around the world and do good work. I would just like to suggest to have better food during the program.

I felt integrated in local society

I achieved my TEFL. I felt integrated in local society. It gave me the opportunity to experience a community environment. I love to travel but I've done the touristy bits this was a good way of seeing real life but with the added support of GVI staff. The TEFL was hard work but having achieved this I am looking forward to travelling again to teach without all the training!