Beach cottages Beach cottages

• Job Assistance

• Course Structure

• Practical Experience

• Academic Support

I Enjoyed Teaching a Lot!

I love to learn, so the inputs and training were really enjoyable for me. I helped staff with under 18s in their project which was a good way to change things up. Christmas and new year activities were really fun. Staff members were great and positive. I enjoyed teaching alot. Being involved in cultural celebrations.

Excellent

The willingness to learn of the Thai people taking part in the English programs and their openness to visitors to their communities. The possibility to tour a country which has a mix of touristy tourism and natural beauty tourism.

Considering the program has been running for a while in the same locations, the volunteers could be given a greater heads up as to what to expect. As a number of locations continue one volunteer after another then the handover process could have more consideration.

Return to the program? Yes and No. As an overall experience volunteering was excellent, I would want to be better prepared both in myself and with the information i was provided before taking part again.

First Rate!

The teacher training was first rate and gave me the confidence to teach. I never thought I'd be able to teach but the quality training and support given by staff enabled me to do it! Now i'm hooked and can't imagine not teaching. The thing I enjoyed most was seeing the results of my teaching with my students keen to speak English and seeing their progress - very satisfying.

I'm really impressed with GVI and in fact I'm already working as unpaid staff at the Thai Elephant Project. GVI programs give you the chance to really make a difference whilst developing your own skills and providing potential career opportunities in the future.