Beach cottages Beach cottages

High School Volunteer Abroad Programs

Loved staying with a host family

The most positive experience I had was seeing all the work we had done on the last day at Roncador school. My favourite part(s) were staying with the host family, the surfing lesson and meeting all the amazing people.

Would recommend to anyone!

It really inspired me for the future and I overall had a amazing time. It was well planned and I felt safe at all times. The program staff were fun to be around and were very inspiring to speak to. The side trips were well organised and I couldn't believe the amount we did in such a short period. I would recommend to anyone, I was unsure whether or not to go but it was a extremely life changing experience.

Breath-taking sceneries and amazing rainforests!

My most positive experiences during my trip was being able to see such amazing rain forests and going to such beautiful national parks. I didn't think I was going to be able to see all the things I did and I'm very glad I did. Breath-taking scenery. I loved meeting the people who lived in the house, I've definitely made some life long friends in that house. I enjoyed just having the experience all together, there was the downsides but there's somethings in life you can't really do much about so I just remained patient and moved on from it. The overall experience was unforgettable.

That's all I want to do in life, travel and be able to experience such spectacular things rather than sitting in an office all day looking at these beautiful places on google. I want to go out and touch them and breath in the experience rather than just imagining myself there.

Amazing experience

Going to the orphanage and playing with the children made the program worth it. And what made it really enjoyable was visiting Railay island and Phi Phi.

Enjoyed my experience!

I enjoyed the whole expedition! The staff were excellent and all of the surveys were amazing. I enjoyed every aspect of the expedition, the basic living conditions and the fact that we were surrounded by rainforest. It was unlike anything I had experienced before and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

Incredible!

I loved meeting people from all over the world and together contributing in an incredible way to such an amazing community. It was awesome to get immersed in the culture living right in a village with no tourists at all. I especially loved the Khao Sok National Park because it was really really beautiful.

Incredibly Rewarding

The trip as a whole was just incredible! I loved spending time with the kids at the Camillian Centre, doing craft with them and painting their physiotherapy room. That was all so rewarding. I also loved the food at Bob and Nams, and I liked the temple tour, the rainforest walk, the kayaking, the snorkelling! Overall it was just the most amazing thing I have ever done and I don't regret it at all, even though we all got food poisoning in Railay.

I would love to come on another GVI program, simply because this one was such an incredible, rewarding experience! Unfortunately it really will depend on time and fitting it in with my future plans. I would also have to come on an adults trip next time which I imagine would offer a slightly different kind of experience.

I loved it!

I was really happy to see other people being happy. It made it a truly magical experience for me. And if given another chance to get to do another GVI program in the future I'll definitely do so. Why? Because I love it!

Amazing experience

I loved working and playing with the kids, as well as the side trips like the island tours and beaches. These all made the whole program an amazing experience!

Made new friends!

The enjoyable part of the whole Thailand experience was I enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends most of all, though the activities were still good.

Made me feel like I'm making a difference

Helping with baby sea turtles and feeling like I made a difference made the program a really positive experience. Also seeing the beautiful country and meeting other volunteers from around the world.