Beach cottages Beach cottages

Fiji Teaching Internship

Exciting and worthwhile

This programme was such a unique experience. Being able to fully immerse ourselves in the community life in Silana was so incredibly rewarding. Not only did it enhance volunteers' experience in Fiji but it also helps us truly understand the work we are doing and, i believe, makes us better volunteers.

I have completed two GVI internships and would definitely consider another in the future. They combine excellent volunteer safety and support with exciting and worthwhile projects which genuinely help the communities they work in.

Best time of your life!

I initially came to Fiji to volunteer for six months. Over the time I have been here, I have seen the education project severely improve and have seen the progress made. As the curriculum here is all in English, our presence here has a huge impact on students. Being able to work closely with students, offering help especially to remedial children is extremely rewarding, both for the students and for the volunteers.

Living and being welcomed into the community here in Silana is an amazing experience and a once in a lifetime opportunity; we are all one big family.

After my six months of volunteering I have been lucky enough to be offered a three month scholarship. I highly recommend volunteering or taking an internship here in the beautiful islands of Fiji.