Beach cottages Beach cottages

Costa Rica Community Development Service Learning for Groups

Unbelievable experiences

For me personally the three best parts of the programme were to work with the wonderful kid Tony. Being able to help David with the renovation of the classroom and the adult English which I enjoyed very much. All three parts were for me unbelievable experiences.

I would have definitely stayed on for a longer period of time.

My most positive experiences were working with the Kinder children I was in charge of, because at that age classes can be flexible and creatively designed. They were enthusiastic about learning new things, and although they would get restless, it was just a part of the role to get them patient enough to learn. I think I also enjoyed the spanish classes, especially since both teachers were absolutely brilliant. The basic accommodation and meeting local people, made me get a glimpse of the 'pura vida' lifestyle they lead, and has influenced me a lot. I also liked the beauty of the country itself and the great biodiversity, as well as cultural diversity. If I had more time, I would have definitely stayed on for a longer period of time.