Beach cottages Beach cottages

Conservation Internship with Elephants in Thailand

Being immersed into another culture

I really enjoyed being immersed into another culture while also meeting people from other parts of the world and getting to know the mahouts and their elephants.

Awesome

I got to know a lot of nice people, the mahouts and all villagers were very nice and lovely people and the staff is very helpful and cool people. Aswell of course the experience with nearly wild elephants is awesome.

The staff are so incredibe

By far, the staff are so incredibly hardworking, and so supportive 24/7. Whatever question or concern I had, they were right there. By far the hardest working, committed, passionate people I've ever met.

Sustainable

We all enjoyed the cultural immersion and the scientific research in which we participated. I like the idea of being involved in a program that is sustainable and well-established in a community.

Fantastic and sublime

Interactions with the elephants was a sublime experience, but the fact that I spent four weeks, not as a tourist, but as an involved person was the best part of the trip.

It was a fantastic first-trip-overseas experience but I'm up for someone more dangerous.

Sublime

It was an incredible opportunity to interact with elephants and help fight against the mistreatment of Asian elephants. I will never forget the first time I saw Thong Dee; her magnificent size combined with her gentleness put me in even more awe of her. I also enjoyed being integrated into the village as well with all the local people. It was eye opening to see an entirely new culture other than what I am familiar with and amazing how the community accepted us allowed us to participate in their daily customs.

I had such a good experience contributing towards a cause that I care about and I met some people I will stay in touch with for a long time.

A great experience

It's a great way to experience some authentic local culture with relatively comfortable social surroundings. And it was great working with the community. And it would be even more nice if they involved the local community even more.