Griffith University students on a beach Griffith University students on a beach

Study Abroad + Community Internship at Griffith University

Girl at Griff

Absolutely loved my time at Griffith! Teachers were all excellent and loved the campus, really great how they do so much for students and a really good gym. Downside is the accommodation is really expensive for something that is in fact pretty grim, but the people are what make the accommodation bearable, so if you have great flatmates it will be ok!

The best choice of my life

Griffith is an amazing place. They do so much for students to be a part of the university. I'll always look back and think of this as the best time ever!!
If I didn't have to write my thesis this semester I would have chosen to stay and take another semester.

Best 5 months of my life... so far!

Griffith Gold Coast campus is the perfect place to study abroad. The uni is fantastic with lots of sports and cultural events year-round and the opportunities at the start to meet others and settle in are second-to-none. Definitely recommend, such an amazing experience.

Exchange with Griffith from Plymouth University (UK) as Austrian

Overall, my experience studying abroad at one of Plymouth´s partner institutions Griffith was great and I really enjoyed my stay in Australia. At the beginning it took me a while to get used to the "aussie lifestyle" which I would consider as very laid-back and easy-going. I missed a bit of cultural things such as Museums, theatres and art galleries or simply historical architecture, but assume that was due to the location I chose, the Gold Coast. I got to meet really nice locals and was working at a hotel "QT" to afford my living costs, etc. which i really liked. I undertook modules of second and third year in Psychology which I quite enjoyed, however I was going to take the subject Sports Psychology which first got confirmed when I filled out my course report approval form. When I attended the first lecture however, I found out that my enrolment did not go through and due to being an Exchange student who did not have this module as a mandatory subject could not take the course, which I found really frustrating and disappointing. Especially, since Sports Psychology is the area I wanted to specialise in later on in my career. Apart from that, I was really happy about the activities organised for International students and the general support. Throughout the year I got to meet a lot of nice people from all over the world and took advantage of the three months summer break in between the two semester and traveled Australia, which was an unforgettable adventure. Due to my financial situation I had to work while studying. For future incoming students from Europe, it would be helpful to have some option for student funding for Internationals. I know that some International students from Canada or Norway, Sweden did have the opportunity to receive student funding which I think should be open to anyone, not just to students from particular countries.

In conclusion, my stay in Australia has been the time of my life and I am even thinking of coming back and following a career path in Australia.

Kind regards,
Isabella (s2956625)

highly recommended

Studying at Griffith was an amazing experience!! Griffith offers diverse and interesting courses, which are easy to follow. Living in Surfers was great, while you can combine studying with going to the beach with your new friends. Griffith is really willing to help in case of any problems. I would recommend this university to everyone who wants to study abroad!

Awesome time abroad

Thanks for the very best experience!
Making friends with lovely People from all over the world at a lovely place...unforgettable memories.
I would come back anytime without hesitation and recommend everyone who has the chnace to go abroad.

Amazing

This experience was amazing for me. I feel as if the classes that I enrolled in were interesting, challenging, and relevant to my course of study. I strongly feel as if I benefited from having enrolled into the courses that I did. As for the social aspect, I had the time of my life. I met many people from all over the world in which I will forever consider some of the greatest people I've ever met. I fell in love with the Australian lifestyle, environment, and people. I saw some beautiful places that I know i'll remember forever. I would recommend taking this opportunity to anyone and everyone.

Beautiful Gold Coast

My time at Griffith Uni flew by in a heartbeat. Right after arriving at the beautiful Gold Coast, my Semester at Griffith started out with an amazing opening week. Meeting new friends and getting to know the Campus was the focus of this week. I spend half of the O-Week in Byron and can only recommend the trip down there. Again, I made Long-term friendships.
Even after the Semester settled in, the Prof´s and lecturers made my academic experience amazing. Overall, the Support at Griffith Uni is exraordinary and every person I met was happy to help me in every situation.
Besides studying, travelling around the Gold Coast and the East Coast is absolutely amazing, and I can only recommend it.
Overall, I have only positive memories to my time at Griffith Uni and the Gold Coast.

Living the life

`straya - far away and no one ever really hears anything about that country. Time to go explore!

Studying at Griffith was a great way to get to know a lot of people and experience a lovely city!
Brisbane is a great location to stay. There's always something going on. Some festival, a concert - whatever you'd like to do. And it's so close to so many beautiful places!
The global mobility team was very helpful while I was trying to put together my schedule and sort out formalities with Griffith and my home uni.
The classes I took were taught very differently. I liked some, I didn't like others, but that's uni. In general it was a good experience and I'd recommend to go do it!

International Student at Griffith

I really enjoyed my time at Griffith. The student service team for international students really helped me to adjust to life in a totally different continent. I would recommend this university and I don't think you will be disappointed! :)

Unforgettable Experience

It was quite amazing experience to study at Griffith University and it did enrich my social and life experience. Regarding the courses enrolment, the inbound mobility office was quite helpful and helped me getting the courses that I really wanted to attend. However, I did not like all the courses. Frankly, some of them have really knowledgeable professors, but some other courses did not match academically my expectations. Nevertheless, it is still an unforgettable experience and I would recommend everyone to do a semester abroad at Griffith University.