Greenheart Travel Header Image Greenheart Travel Header Image

Volunteer with the Stray Dog Rescue Project in Thailand

Get ready for hard but rewarding work!

The first thing that you will notice about this program is the dogs. This was my first time to a developing country, so I had no idea how many there were in need of help, love and care. As a volunteer, you actually get to develop relationships with lots of these dogs and help lots of them heal and get healthy! They all have names and their personalities – the staff and volunteers really treat them with respect and dignity.

Because it’s a small and growing project, you’re really thrown right into the work. You see something that needs doing and do it. There is no time to wait around – you just need to take initiative! These past 5 weeks have certainly been hard work, and more rewarding than I can say. The staff is INCREDIBLE. Every single one of them works with such patience and determination, it been amazing to watch. The work being done here is truly inspirational! I am so grateful for the time and experience with the whole staff and all the other volunteers who were there with me. I have learned a lot about myself and how far I can push myself. If you are ready to get down and dirty in hard but satisfying work, then I cannot recommended this program enough.