Greenheart Travel participant Greenheart Travel participant

Volunteer at an Animal Rescue Center in Costa Rica

Life-Altering Program

I would like to thank Greenheart Travel and everyone who made the trip possible. The entire experience was unforgettable and I will remember every moment for the rest of my life. I cannot put into words my gratitude for being able to participate in such an incredible program. I met amazing people, I visited a beautiful country, and I was able to help precious wildlife. The staff in Costa Rica were so welcoming and accompanied me through every step as I landed. My host family made me feel comfortable in a new environment and gave me another perspective into foreign lifestyle. Through my experiences, I have acquired a plethora of new, life-long friends in Costa Rica and my host family. I cannot thank you enough for giving me an opportunity of a lifetime.

Amazing Experience in Costa Rica!

The staff members at the wildlife sanctuary were some of the most passionate and generous people I know. They were instructive, kind, friendly, and made me feel very welcome. The staff at Greenheart is awesome too, because they helped me prepare for my trip. Everyone I worked alongside have wonderful senses of humor.

Do not fear if you do not know how to speak Spanish because the staff will figure out a way to communicate to you what needs to be done. The other teens involved were awesome too! When I was at the sanctuary, I got to know the other students all really well while working alongside them. We even had a celebration together on the last night at my host family's house where everyone came over for dinner!

Volunteer at Proyecto Asis

I had an amazing time volunteering at Proyecto Asis. The staff was so fun and sweet, they really make sure you're comfortable and have a good time. It was incredible to work hands on with the animals and learn so much about animal trafficking. My host family went above and beyond to make sure I had a good time and got to do everything I wanted to do. Amazing people, amazing wild life, amazing experience.

Loved Every Minute

There are so many interesting and new things to experience every day working at the animal sanctuary in Costa Rica. It's hard work but really fun too. I thought it was really satisfying working with all the cute animals and awesomely nice people. The staff is amazing! No regrets!