Greenheart Travel participant Greenheart Travel participant

Teach English in Spain in a Homestay with Greenheart Travel

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Really great support on an awesome program

I stumbled across Greenheart Travel's home stay program when I was searching on the internet for a cheap way to travel during a year off I took from university. What I came away with was a phenomenal home stay program with what felt like a second family in a country with adventures that never ceased to amaze me.

When I first started looking into doing a home stay in Madrid through Greenheart, I began by sending an email to the generic contact listed on their website. Within a day I had detailed responses to all my questions from my program manager, Megan, and this rapid correspondence was kept up the entire duration of my experience. The application process itself was not too lengthy, but it was still quite substantial & thorough. For me (the meticulously planning-ahead traveller I am), this was a positive thing as I felt it showed Greenheart was putting in more effort to finding me a good fit with my host family.

Once I paid the deposit, I got my host family placement in 2 business days! I don't think it normally goes that fast because I think the fact that I am a young woman made it easier to place me as that is more likely to be what host families are looking for. Either way, I was still pleasantly surprised by the speed with which I received my placement.

Because I had such a great host family there was never any issue that arose that needed assistance, and although I know Greenheart has in-country contacts and assistance, I cannot speak for that aspect. But whenever I sent an email just keeping in touch with Megan, they were always really quick to reply. Overall I found homestay to be a great travel decision, and Greenheart Travel really made it comfortable and easy by answering all my questions, being more than willing to talk about any questions or concerns I had, being quick in their replies and always staying friendly and professional. I would totally recommend this experience!

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Great host family in unique region

My family has been incredible and I'm adjusting well to life in the Galicia region of Spain, thankfully. This location was not what I initially expected, but my host family has been very eager to learn and to teach as well. In the short time I have been here I have significantly improved my Spanish, helped them improve their English, learned how to sew, learned how to cook, and even got to work on the family's vineyard. I got to watch the running of the bulls (there was no way I would actually run it) and got to practice my Spanish with people outside of my town. This has been such an amazing and fulfilling experience! I hope to return to this amazing country in the future, but for now, I am excited to be enjoying my time with such a loving family.