Greenheart Travel participant Greenheart Travel participant

Teach English in a Homestay in France with Greenheart Travel

Blending American & French cultures in a homestay program

My favorite part of this program was definitely the blending our two cultures. It’s been great realizing how much we have in common, as well as learning about and embracing each other’s differences. It's really changed my outlook, plus I love how much my French has improved! It still baffles me that everyone comes home from school and work (and most businesses close too) in the middle of the day just to have lunch together as a family. I wouldn’t mind doing that every day in America! In a nutshell, I had an amazing time! I've learned so much, and definitely caught the travel bug. I want to do another program after this one already!! I am very happy that I decided to take advantage of this opportunity. I wouldn’t change my experience for anything in the world!

Loving It So Far!

It has been great so far! I was expecting the time to fly by super fast, but luckily it has not! I love it in my small French town. I'm kind of near Bordeaux and it is so beautiful and there is so much to see! I’m getting along great with the family and teaching Clara (my host mom) English while they help me learn French. I think this program is so rewarding!

• Teacher Support

Now I Have a Second Family!

I was honestly a little nervous about doing a homestay with a single host mom but she is so social and it hasn't been a problem at all! She invites me to lots of social events, like a birthday party or a bbq at her daughters house. And on Wednesday's, I go for a morning run with the 62 year old neighbor and she gives me vocab lessons. At night, I tag along as my host mom coaches track at the local school. I'm also loving exploring the city on my own and have lots of independent time. I just can't believe how fast it's going by already! I only have a month left, but I am loving every minute of my time here. Thanks again to Greenheart Travel for making this great experience possible! I'm definitely learning a lot!