Gold Star TEFL Recruitment Header Image Gold Star TEFL Recruitment Header Image

Teach English in China to Adult or Young Learner Students

New in China!!!

The agency is very professional. I would definitely recommend them to any teacher who wants to work overseas! In particular, Mark was very efficient with replying to my emails regarding questions I needed answering! Also send many job offers too!

Teaching experience at the EF, Weihai

As a complete beginner in teaching English in Asian countries, I may say I've been absolutely fortunate to find a job through the Gold Star agency here, in Weihai, at the EF. It's been really scary to take this leap of faith, as I've had no idea of what the city or the school are like. And Mark at the Gold Star made the whole process of interview and the further correspondence with the school smooth and stress-free. He's been an absolute gem!
Speaking about the experience itself, I do enjoy everything about this amazing city and the school. My DoS and all the Chinese staff are extremely helpful and make my stay easy and pleasant! We've got all the resources (the EF's got its own brilliant materials), Chinese girls help you a lot during the lessons and in case you need any extra help to sort out your personal stuff, and we've got plenty of time left to explore the paradise called Shandong province!

Summer Intern EF Jiaxing China

Good place to have worked, especially for my first ESL experience, and at such short notice. Took care of me very well, although the hours and working demands were high, still enjoyed my experience.

Teaching in Shanghai

Mark at Gold Star was very helpful each step of the way, understanding my goals and experience. He helped place me in an appropriate school, teaching adults. I appreciate his quick responses and attention to how the interviews were going with the school. Thanks Mark and Gold Star, and I look forward to teaching English in Shanghai!

Teaching in EF Shenyang

My finace and I had already been teaching for 6months in a position which we were given through another company. Our living condition, salary and social life were pretty poor to put it nicely.

Goldstar offered a brilliant alternative to staying on at our old school. The application and interview process was easy and well organised and Aidan was really helpful in listening to exactly what we wanted and finding a position which worked for our needs.
The position itself is brilliant, the kids are amazing, the staff both Chinese and foreign are all super friendly and helpful and we were given plenty of assistance in settling in.
We've only been here a month, but so far it's been the perfect decision for us and we couldn't be happier.

Did I mention that our appartment is amazing?! It's free (although we have to pay utilities which amount to about ten pounds a month) and way bigger and fancier than our flat in England!

All in all, we're very pleased with the support and help we have received.
The only lower score is for Health and Safety...because we live in China...you'll understand that when you arrive. Health and safety does not exist, although we do have hand sanitiser in our office :)

Teaching in Zhengzhou

Zhengzhou is a new experience. It's not the most interesting city in China, however there are many surrounding tourist opportunities to visit. The local and international staff at EF are great and very friendly. They have up to date technology and resources to simplify one's teaching experience and allowed for a good amount of training before I officially started teaching. I have only been here a month and have no regrets as yet. Thanks Mark (at Goldstar) for never giving up on me. You are a star!

My Time in China

So far my time in China has been amazing. If you're willing to experience new and surprising things everyday and drink in the culture you'll enjoy China very much! Aidan at Gold Star has been a great support to me in finding a school that I was interested in and a school that's provided me with great accommodation as well as a fun and busy busy lifestyle.

Would recommend Gold Star as Aidan provided me with lots of information and advice as well as reassurance and answers to any questions I had.

Disney in Ningbo

Very happy with the recruitment process - Mark was attentive and found me a great position with a great company. And Ningbo is a wonderful city, filled with history and trees!

Teaching in Beijing

I recently accepted a position teaching in Beijing. It has been an excellent experience so far. Gold Star's service was and has been professional and prompt. I have no complaints and would gladly recommend them to others. They quickly set up an interview with my current employer and have followed through by occasionally asking how things are going. Also, Beijing is fascinating, exciting, and just plain huge. If you can get past the crowds and the pollution, I definitely think it's a great place to work.

Newly-arrivals

My fiancé and I decided to accept a teaching position in China through Gold Star, and we are very happy with our experience so far. We are really fortunate to have found a position at a school that genuinely cares for our wellbeing, and being so far away from home, it feels great having a support structure close by.

Teaching English at EF Shijiazhuang

Teaching English at EF in Shijiazhuang is such a rewarding experience! The students, the Chinese staff, the classroom technology, the training, the benefits, the new friends, traveling make it all such a nice experience! The city may not be the best ever, but it`s all about being flexible and adapting! Gold Star did a great job in placing me at EF Shijiazhuang!