GoEco - Volunteer Abroadhttp://www.goeco.org/project/9/Volunteer_i...
36A HaNamal St Tel Aviv, Israel
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
Location-Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal and is enriched with temples more than homes and festivals exceeding the number of days in a year. The whole valley with its seven heritage sites has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Kathmandu is not big when compared to other cities in Asia. However it is a fascinating old city where pagodas, narrow cobbled lanes, old carved windows, and stone shrines are like a stage to the drama of life that continues unhindered. Here the experiences are amazing, views fascinating, and the climate is comfortable.
This unique program offers you the chance to learn, volunteer and travel in the fascinating capital of Kathmandu and the surrounding rural valley. A key element in local community development is the ability to further educate and promote economic prosperity without compromising traditional ways of life and the natural environment. This exciting project seeks, with the aid of motivated international volunteers, to improve the lives of the poorest and most marginalized members of Nepali society, with two main programs in English language teaching or orphanage placements. As a volunteer in this project you will contribute your skills and knowledge to the Nepalese people, while gaining an in-depth experience of their culture and community.
- Min age 18
- Good level of English
- Motivation to work with children
- Full travel & medical insurance
- Immunizations (please consult your doctor)
715 for 2 weeks
- Accommodation: Shared bedrooms in volunteer center
- Food: traditional Nepali food
- Airport pickup: Included on arrival when volunteering for 2 weeks or more
- Orientation kit: full project details will be sent following registration
- Training: Language and culture orientation week (extra cost of 220 USD)
- Support: Local in-country team and 24hr emergency support
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
(1) Encourage ecological and volunteer tourism that promotes sustainable development (2) Enable travelers to experience different and more rewarding kinds of tourism. (3) Encourage travelers to volunteer for the benefit of others and thus to serve as a good-will ambassador to other countries in the world. (4) Encourage travelers from all over the world to come to Israel for ecological and community-based projects, in both the Arab and Jewish sectors, and experience firsthand the unique cultural and natural diversity in this region. (5) Support environmental and humanitarian projects that promote understanding and good will between ethnic societies in Israel. (6) Conduct further research in the field of ecological tourism, such as the 'Ecological Footprint' as a tool for sustainable tourism development. (7) Establish an in-depth and up-to-date data base of the relevant projects worldwide. (8) Create a platform from which to explore the various organizations that support the environment and actively encourage volunteering.