GoEco - Top Volunteer Organization of 2015 Header Image GoEco - Top Volunteer Organization of 2015 Header Image

Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh Community Involvement

Medical internship in Vietnam - An amazing experience!!

This experience combined perfectly my desire to travel and explore the world, as well as my passion for health! I really had no expectations when I got there at first, but I have to say I was very impressed! All the coordinators for this program were really helpful and available if I had any questions and they made the best as they could to ensure that my experience was the best as possible. At the hospital, the doctors were also very welcoming and let us do and watch many interesting things. For example, we learned how to do acuponcture, vitamin B12 injections, wound care, physiotherapy and we got to assist many big surgeries such as bone graft, internal fixation surgeries, nerve replacement, etc. Everyday we are divided in groups of thw or three and we get to follow a doctor in his different tasks. Also, Vietnam is a wonderful country, very rich in culture and history. Food is very good and during your free time, you will have plenty activities to choose from. For example, during weekends, I traveled my my friend to Halong bay, Mui Ne and Da Nang, you surely don't want to miss those places!