GoEco volunteers GoEco volunteers

Thailand - Gibbon Primate Sanctuary

Extremely fulfilling

I had an amazing time working with the gibbons and monkeys. Showing them love and creating a connection with the apes was incredible. There weren't as many fellow volunteers as I would of hoped but none the less still a great experience.

Great experience

I went on a four month trip from october to february travelling in 5 countries but the place I miss the most is Highland Farm and Gibbon sanctuary! You get a really close relationship with both the gibbons and the owner Pharanee. She welcomes all and makes you feel like home. There is a house just for all the volunteers and a lot of time to be social as well. I had one introduktion week before the volunteering program where I met some amazing people. Anyway I wish I could have stayed at the farm longer. I hope some day to come back. Go if you love animals and want to make a difference.

Growth

This volunteering trip was not what I was expecting, but I found it better than expected. I thought that I'd just be in a sanctuary for the whole time with the same people. Instead, I found it very attractive that I doesn't significant time with different groups of peers. Previously, I was not looking forwards to the culture week. I found it actually very well done. The culture was well taught but not dull. The company I had really made learning the culture fun, as we joked around and had fun when possible but also took the activities seriously.