GoEco volunteers GoEco volunteers

New Zealand - Conservation Experience

Volunteering in Punkaiki

I had a great time volunteering with the conservation project in Punkaiki. There was a lot of variety in the tasks we did and everyone I met was really friendly. I enjoyed this experience because I got to see a different side of New Zealand which I would have not if I was just travelling. I highly recommend volunteering for the conservation project on the South Island and I would go back any time.

Two weeks On the South ISland

Spent two weeks on the south Island on the west coast by the rain forests and coast. One week was spent local tree planting to bring back a former rain forest and the second week was spend about 1-2 hours away working with a small tree nursery in a coastal town. I enjoyed the work and the other volunteers as well (American, Spanish, and German). The information given beforehand could have been better, I didn't get much info until I paid which usually is a red flag and not too much info for traveling which was not enjoyable traveling across the world and had to wait for a bus that I was told would come but ended up being late so wasn't sure what was happening. This is why I didn't rate a 10 on all parts, all the rest I was happy with though. The program manager was good and enjoyable too and locations we stayed also were good.