Location-Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal and is enriched with temples more than homes and festivals exceeding the number of days in a year. The whole valley with its seven heritage sites has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Kathmandu is not big when compared to other cities in Asia. However it is a fascinating old city where pagodas, narrow cobbled lanes, old carved windows, and stone shrines are like a stage to the drama of life that continues unhindered. Here the experiences are amazing, views fascinating, and the climate is comfortable.
This unique program offers you the chance to learn, volunteer and travel in the fascinating capital of Kathmandu and the surrounding rural valley. A key element in local community development is the ability to further educate and promote economic prosperity without compromising traditional ways of life and the natural environment. This exciting project seeks, with the aid of motivated international volunteers, to improve the lives of the poorest and most marginalized members of Nepali society, with two main programs in English language teaching or orphanage placements. As a volunteer in this project you will contribute your skills and knowledge to the Nepalese people, while gaining an in-depth experience of their culture and community.
1-2 Week, 2-4 Week, 5-8 Week
- Min age 18
- Good level of English
- Motivation to work with children
- Full travel & medical insurance
- Immunizations (please consult your doctor)
Cost in US$:
Program Fees Include:
- Accommodation: Shared bedrooms in volunteer center
- Food: traditional Nepali food
- Airport pickup: Included on arrival when volunteering for 2 weeks or more
- Orientation kit: full project details will be sent following registration
- Training: Language and culture orientation week (extra cost of 220 USD)
- Support: Local in-country team and 24hr emergency support
- Community Development
- Community Organizing
- Social Services, Social Work
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work