GoEco volunteers GoEco volunteers

Israel - Desert Wildlife Program

Total immerse into the nature.

It will certainly be one of the best experience you ever have if you choose to go to this program. GoEco made everything easy for you whether you are afraid of Middle East or simply afraid of travelling on your own. They made your journey worry-free and if you had problems, there were always people willing to help you. First thing first, the nature reserve is beautiful on its own. Different kind of animals and some are pretty rare to be seen such as Caracal. You would not be disappointed if you are an animal lover. Nature lover as well, locate in desert does not mean is purely hot and dry. Particular at night, the sky is the treasure. The rangers are a friendly bunch, they have sense of humor and willing to offer help all the time. If you are not physically fit, I would not recommend you to this program because some work require a bit of the physique. Though it should not be a big problem, heart matters most.

The accommodation is alright. It provides what you need from day to night. Perhaps you could feel boring sometimes but you are always welcome to call the rangers to arrange something such as go swimming to the nearby kibbutz or simply go to Eilat by bus.

I would not hesitate to go back. I love everything in the Hai Bar and Israel.

I want to go back so badly

When my friend and I picked this program, we mainly chose it because it's cheap. But the experience is far from cheap! GoEco arranged a great introduction to both Israel and the project without leaving us on our own. And the rangers on the project are so wonderful, though slightly crazy, people - they are creating a great atmosphere at work! They are quite concerned about the volunteers, too, so be prepared to be told to drink tons and tons of water!
Our apartment was a bit disappointing to begin with, since we had hoped to only be two persons in each apartment, with our own kitchens. In reality we were 6 volunteers sharing the same apartment, kitchen and bathroom. It was quite scary at first, but it made it so easy to hang out with the other volunteers, and created a great social life during the project.
The work itself was a bit though sometimes, but it was so worth it. We did a ton of cleaning, yet I wouldn't mind cleaning a bit more, if I just could stay there a bit longer.

I absolutely loved it. Loved the animals, loved the atmosphere, loved the surroundings. Loved the people.