1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks
Throughout the year
Volunteers should have a positive and helpful state of mind. They should be motivated and highly independent. Conversational English or Hebrew is necessary. We also recommend that you are able to work in a harsh desert climate, and do physically demanding work, so a good level of physical fitness is required.
You are responsible for:
- Full travel and medical insurance.
- Flights and additional travel expenses.
- Travel from airport to project (usually taxi, or combination of bus/taxi, and local transportation.
- Immunizations (consult your doctor).
- Provisions for cooking are supplied, but volunteers are mainly independent for meals.
- Sustainable Development
Cost in US$:
350 for 10 days - 8 weeks
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
Program Fees Include:
- Accommodation: Insulated straw-bale and mud huts
- Food: Provisions for cooking
- Orientation kit: Full project details will be sent following registration
- Training: Pre-departure preparation in Tel Aviv and In-country orientation
- Support: Local in-country team and 24hr emergency support
* What's Not Included:
- Personal expenses
- Visa (if required)
- Airport pickup
- Local transportation
- Building & Construction Projects
- Community Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Grassroots Organization
- Organic Farming
- Renewable Energy
- Small Business Development
18 - 70
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Online Application