GoEco - Top Volunteer Organization of 2015 Header Image GoEco - Top Volunteer Organization of 2015 Header Image

Indonesia - Bali Sea Turtle Rescue

Different type of sea turtle project

When I had completed my Sea Turtle work in Costa Rica I thought I was satisfied with sea turtle conservation. However, upon heading to Bali I realised that there can be different styles of volunteering for the same type of animal.

Here the sea turtles are rescued and then looked after for a year before being released back into the wild. At this project you feed, clean out their tanks, look for seaweed and generally care for the sea turtles instead of just releasing them when they hatch.

The island of Nusa Penida is incredibly beautiful and the laid back nature of the locals and the project makes for a relaxing and rewarding program. I would recommend you check this project out!

Date volunteered: May 2016
Recommended time spent here: 1 week
Living conditions: Dormitory style bunk beds, hot showers
WiFi: Terrible
Vegetarian friendly: Yes
Additional Notes: One of the biggest highlights is being able to clean the baby sea turtles.

Thank you to Go Eco for allowing us to experience this incredible volunteer project in Bali. Our opinion is, as always, our own.