GoEco volunteers GoEco volunteers

Croatia - Bottlenose Dolphin Conservation

Making a difference

Being a part of this volunteering program was a wonderful experience for me. Dolphins are fascinating animals who are both intelligent and beautiful. I had a great time getting to know new people, observing the dolphins and at the same time being able to help them and make a difference. I will keep these memories close to my heart. I definitely recommend this project to anyone who wants to contribute to a better life for the Bottlenose Dolphins and other animals in the mediterranean!

Volunteering with dolphins

This was my first experience volunteering abroad. On the first day of the program I was excited and thrilled to be learning about dolphins and Croatian culture. As the week progressed I was disappointed in some of the aspects of my trip. For instance, the weather was cold and rainy for most of the week and I felt like I missed out on a lot due to that. For anyone considering this program, I would suggest going later in the summer for swimming, visiting the nearby towns, etc. The living accommodations were basic, but it was easy to see past that. The food however, was not up to par. By accommodating to one person (who didn't eat vegetables), the rest of us missed out on the proper nutrition most of us were used to. Overall, the program was fun, I loved seeing the dolphins, and I do recommend volunteering for this program.