GoEco volunteers GoEco volunteers

Costa Rica - Teaching and Social Work in San Jose

Working with kids changed my life!

I volunteered over the summer at an orphanage in San Jose, Costa Rica, and it was an unbelievable experience! I learned so much, it was my first time working with kids and I really liked it! I fell in love with the kids and San Jose. I would volunteer from 9am to 3pm and then go explore the city! Go Eco is 100% reliable and prepared, my experience would not have been as rewarding if it wasn't for the company. They made sure I knew how to get around, they helped me plan my trips during the weekends, everywhere I went I felt safe because GoEco would make sure I went to places where people could help me get around and all in all, they made my trip easier! The volunteering programs are incredible and if I had a chance to do it again, I would without a doubt. If you're going to volunteer abroad go with GoEco!!

Costa Rica!

This summer I had the pleasure of spending time volunteering in Costa Rica. GoEco is a great program to go through and is not expensive whatsoever. My favorite part, aside for the volunteering, was taking classes during my first week there. The school is awesome, large part due to the faculty and staff that work there. They are very involved and have a lot to offer that allow you to enjoy your experience as a whole. I was able to go ziplining for a great price which included lunch and transportation!
I loved the kids I worked with, but I wish I was able to do a little more in the classroom. The teacher was nice and helpful as well, but because learning English isn’t a mandatory thing and the young age of the kids, they are not very engaged. However, as an education major, I loved being able to see how schools work in other countries.
Housing is included in the program in Costa Rica. My host mom was very welcoming and involved in my stay. I had breakfast and dinner at home almost every day, and regardless of whether she was eating or not, she would sit with me and converse to help me practice my Spanish as well. She also included me in family things if I had nothing to do on the weekends.
I would definitely recommend this program!

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Teaching in Costa Rica -Heredia

For two weeks during the month of January i ventured off to Costa Rica to teach english to a group of children in a daycare facility. My experience throughout the entire trip was just incredible. Being able to work with these kids who were so eager to learn and to get to know you was so heart warming. I worked in the school for a total of ten days during my stay. The other four days and some nights were spent adventuring all the places Costa Rica has to offer. I visited Manuel Antonio National Park, which contains one of the world's most beautiful beaches. I went zip lining through the rainforest, toured a coffee plantation, visited a volcano, took dance lessons, and had a few nights out on the town. The two weeks were jam packed with things to do, but was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. I wish i had at least another week. I recommend this trip to anyone and everyone!