LeadAbroad Header Image LeadAbroad Header Image

Cape Town Direct

• The Adventure

Best two weeks of my life

The whole trip as a whole was amazing. The friends and relationships I made and the journey we had together were some of the best times of my life. Overall, everything was very well put together and executed.

Excellent

Everything about this program was amazing! From the moment we landed at the airport, the staff was there for us not matter what! And everything with exploring the city and culture, to adventure, and service... everything was amazing. Was able to learn so much in just 2 weeks from the people and different experiences we had.

• The Adventure

Best two weeks of my life!

The only complaint that I have about this trip is how short it was. The feeling of community was strengthened by the adventures and the service and lifelong bonds were created. I learned so much about myself on this trip. I learned how much I love being put outside of my comfort zone and I learned how well I thrive as a leader. I also learned more about my passions in life; travel and service.

Awesome

I had an absolute BLAST on DIRECT Cape Town 2016. As a recent college graduate entering grad school, I felt that this two week, leadership-based program was perfect for my schedule and "abroad" needs. I learned lots, made tons of new friends, and was pushed outside of my comfort zone many times. I felt totally safe and supported by the Lead Staff every step of the way, and would recommend this experience to anyone - any age, any field of study, any background.

Direct Cape Town 2016

This was my second trip with Lead Abroad, last year to Rome and this year to Cape Town. I cannot stress enough how amazing this program is. I will be going again next summer as well! Can't get enough!

• The Adventure

Best study abroad company out there!

LeadAbroad is the ultimate study abroad experience! From amazing locations, adrenaline pumping adventures, great courses, to heart warming service Lead Abroad has it all. Don't miss out, apply now!!!!

Life changing

The staff, the students, and all of the people I met on the trip made it an incredible trip. I learned so much about myself and about part of the world I knew little about. I now see the world through a different lense.

Direct Cape Town 2016

Direct Cape Town exceeded any expectations I had prior to my trip. The staff, their partners, and the experiences provided were exceptional in every way. The staff supported us fully, all hours of the day, no matter the circumstance. I felt safe and completely taken care of in their hands. The partnering companies (Ishhello, Cape Extreme, etc) was something I had no idea would be included with the trip. These people were incredible! They were all a huge contributing factor to making our time in Cape Town smooth, enjoyable, and filled with so many memories! The experiences, whether they were adventure oriented, spent at sir Lowry's pass, or in community as a group speaking about motivation, they were all unique and provided me with a stronger sense of self. Going into this trip I expected to see some pretty views, and maybe spend an afternoon playing sports with the learners. It was so much more! Direct Cape Town provided more meaning to my life than I could have ever dreamed of! Incredible experience, incredible people, incredible place.

Amazing experience

This was one of the best trips I have ever been on, by far!!! I am so grateful for this experience and the wonderful hard work of all the LeadAbroad staff members for making my summer amazing.I cannot even express how relieved i am that I decided to go to Cape Town, because it was such a once-in-a-lifetime experience, which I will remember for the rest of my life!

The Experience of a Lifetime

Direct Cape Town was one of the best experiences ever. I loved every second of it and I honestly wish I could go back. I only wish that the program was a full three weeks. I wish that there was more service though!

Don't just go, Lead!

The entire Lead Abroad staff along with their partners at Cape Addo created the most amazing abroad experience combining leadership, service, culture, and adventure. I would highly recommend Lead Abroad.

Loved it!!!

Loved everything. I do wish I got to know people in the other group more by doing more stuff with everyone. Had the best two weeks ever! I wish we could've done more service, and maybe two days in a row with the same kids

My overall rating

Overall LeadAbroad is an incredible program designed with many opportunities throughout the trip to connect with others on a deeper meaning, allows students to commit to the culture whether it involves service or adventure, while getting to know more about yourself and others around you. Shows students the best self that they want to be even after the trip.

• The Adventure

The best time of my life

After spending two amazing weeks in Cape Town with a group of the most fantastic people, I can honestly say I am a changed and better person. We all did it together and no one will ever understand the love and thrill of our trip but that group. I would do this trip over and over again any day.

Wow

This program, the staff and the experience is amazing. The two weeks I spent in Cape Town have been the best two weeks of my life. The connections I've made, adventures I've done and memories I've created will stay with me forever.

My experience with Direct Cape Town

I had the time of my life on the Direct Cape Town trip. I have never been apart of such an amazing, loving community than the one I experience on this trip. I am SO happy I joined the LeadAbroad family

The best two weeks!

The LeadAbroad Direct Cape Town program gave me two of the best weeks of my life. I had no idea what to expect, especially as a rising senior that did not study abroad during college. From the very beginning of the trip, the directors and interns created a strong sense of community among themselves and the students, as well as with the locals in Cape Town. We got to explore Cape Town from many different perspectives - we were in the townships with local families, 10,000 feet above the city (skydiving!), and given tours by the most energetic guides. It's hard to pick a favorite aspect of the trip, because all of it was truly amazing. Though I have only been back in the states for two days, I've been missing Cape Town and the group since the moment I left. I was continuously pushed out of my comfort zone (in the best way!) by everyone around me - this is what made the past two weeks so transformative.

Wonderful experience!

Cape Town was a trip of a lifetime! All of the people, staff, and activities made each day wonderful. The opportunity to serve the community was the best part of the program and made it mean so much more than just a vacation. The Direct, lasting only 2 weeks was a perfect amount of time for me to see the city, meet new friends, and still be able to have summer jobs and classes. I would reccomend Cape Town for anyone because this program has it all!

Cape Town review

This was by and far the best trip of my life. I was able to meet so many amazing new people and do so many amazing new things that I never could have done without LeadAbroad. I highly recommend this trip.

Direct Cape Town 2016

I absolutely loved every second of the entire trip. I really enjoyed having a young staff because they were easy to talk to and could relate to what we were going through. I feel that we were given the appropriate amount of freedom, while still having a lot of structure to the program. I really enjoyed myself and wish I could stay longer. I hope I am able to go on another in the future.

Cape Town

Coming on this program alone I honestly didn't know what to expect but the leaders are amazing and so is everyone you meet on the trip. If you're scared to sign up alone, don't be. Whether you go on the two or five week program, I promise it will be the best experience of your life.

Happiness & experiences

The experiences I have had hear in Cape Town are indescribable. This is my first time being abroad and I have loved every second of it. I have learned a lot about myself and the culture here in Africa!

A-can't-miss experience

The Direct LeadAbroad program in Cape Town, South Africa is a trip I will never forget. It allowed for a condensed version of studying abroad for many students who are unable to study abroad for a full semester. It was incredible being able to immerse yourself in a new culture and learn about Cape Town history first hand rather than through a textbook. It allowed so many of us to branch out of our comfort zones and grow close to people we otherwise wouldn't have been able to. Cape Town is a beautiful city with so many exciting people and adventures!

DIRECT Cape Town

This trip was amazing and I learned so many new things about myself and others! Cape Town is beautiful and the staff are all so wonderful! If I could do it over again, I definitely would. They create an amazing, happy and positive learning environment!

Amazing Trip!!

Overall, Global Lead has shown me the true meaning of a life changing experience. That's what I kept hearing and reading before arriving in Cape Town... But it's the honest truth. The supportive staff and interns were there for us from day one and guided our program through leadership, excursions, adventure and service activities up until the day we were brought to the airport. I didn't know what I was really getting into prior to departure but the trip exceeded my expectations and introduced me to such a great group of people that I can now call some of my best friends. The combination of what I would like to call the 'magic of Cape Town' and incomparable support of the group is what made Cape Town Direct an experience anyone interested in traveling abroad should do.