Go Abroad China participants Go Abroad China participants

Volunteer in Beijing

Volunteer with GAC

I had a very nice time and it was a very enriching experience. Everything was nice and clean. We were in contact with local students and people but I found the interactions limited (e.g. The home stay was a little too short). I would therefore recommend this program to anyone looking for a first time humanitarian experience (it was my case), as well as anyone who fears culture shock and is unwilling to confront it too much for a first experience.

GAC gave me a package with absolutely everything I needed in it (metro card, Sim-card, map of Beijing etc.). I was impressed by how well all this was done.

I enjoyed the freedom we had in choosing our activities (what dates, what times we wanted to go, how we were going to do things without anyone dictating it for us).

GAC always had stuff planned for us, and we were never bored. At the same time, we were given a lot of freedom to decide what we wanted to do. I think this is perfect.

GAC coordinators showed that they were at our service at all times, ready to help. Every time we needed something in Beijing, they found it for us. They were also great during visits. I, as a foreigner who did not know Beijing,never felt lost or confused; thanks to GAC I always ended up finding exactly what I needed. I personally believe they did a great job!

GAC Volunteer

My volunteer program in Beijing during the Christmas season Beijing is full of wonder and beauty. Even though you will have to walk in the freezing cold (in fact the temperature dropped to -13 degrees, it was the coldest day in China ever.)

I chose to work in a school for my volunteer program as I am comfortable and unwind around children. I although thought that it will definitely boost my Mandarin as there certainly will not be the option to communicate in any other language with children from three to seven years old! Teaching them was a delight they were attentive and eager to learn even the younger ones which were at first afraid of me would sit on my laps while watching a movie by the end!

I would definitely recommend ‘Go abroad China’ without a once of hesitation whatever your age they give you just the correct balance between freedom and their fun organized events. You can always get in touch with any of them if you require help which is very reassuring, they are fantastic people that if you get to know them around a good Chinese dinner (little advice for vegetarians China is not the best place, the menus are in Chinese and they are no ticks or anything of the sort to tell you the vegetarian options which are in most restaurants not even available as Chinese love eating pigs and the meat there is particularly cheap however just tell the ‘fu wu yuan’ the waitress ‘wo chi su’ which means that you are a vegetarian and they will help you to choose) you will learn so much about culture, gain experience, listen to their stories and from the ones the other students taking part in the program will share with with you on their country (Morocco, Tunisia are two places which never really tempted me to go visit before however I am planning to go to Casablanca and in the north of Morocco now that they I have been invited there and heard so much about it which made me so curious to go see for myself.) Making friends is one of the other main highlight of this company the range of people just never ends, so different but in a way so similar it is difficult to explain so just go and have one of the best trips of your life and get unforgettable memories!

Go Abroad China is awsome

Go Abroad China is awsome!