Go Abroad China participants Go Abroad China participants

Study Chinese at Peking University, Beijing

My first Time in Beijing China with Go Abroad China

Go Abroad China was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. I contacted their staff frequently before I departed on my study abroad trip about the specific housing arrangements and Go Abroad China policies. The coordinator Ada arranged for the program to attend great events such as museum trips. She was always prepared to answer my questions and offer support when I had problems.
The courseload was just right given the four monthes I was abroad. They coincided with the learning I wanted to learn about the country’s culture. The program was to provide on campus housing to all students in the Peking university, and we love the housing conditions very much.
Aside from the language class and culture class I took part in some wonderful excursions arranged by Go Abroad China, which were enlightening. I loved being able to explore other cities in China and discover how each place differed as well as learn about the histories of each city. By taking part in these well organized excursions, I do have enough time to explore each city.
Yes! Overall, the Go Abroad China team offered me a great experience in my first time studying abroad. I would recommend Go Abroad China to other students.

My time at Peking Uni

Let me talk about the course first:
It was VERY intense! I was used to learning Chinese at least 5 hours per week, but when I came to Beijing, it was 4 hours everyday. I think it goes without saying that my Chinese really did improve a lot, I can speak much better than I used to. I'd also like to think that my grammar is better, it was the main thing I really struggled with. To anyone thinking about taking this program; for me it was worth it, Peking is a great university to study in, but you need to get used to the Chinese way of studying in the classroom.

Overall: I enjoyed Beijing with all its loudness, pollution and many people. My campus was really great, it was so huge that almost everyday I would get lost trying to explore some new parts, or trying to find a coffee shop etc. I did get the help I was promised by Go Abroad China, i learnt the subway pretty quickly and got used to my surroundings without any major problems. Xie Xie!