Go Abroad China participants Go Abroad China participants

Learn Chinese in China with GAC

Studying Chinese

Go Abroad China (GAC) always provides the sensation of security for its participants. There is always someone to turn the moment you need something in China. GAC allows participants to be selective in their accommodation options and it is thanks to this organization that I immersed myself into Chinese culture and rapidly benefited from improving my Mandarin with both roommates and families. The diverse background of the GAC participants additionally helped me improve communication skills as well as teamwork on complicated assignments. On the weekends, making friends through GAC proved to be rewarding as we bonded so much during the excursions and interactive activities like massaging, and cooking hotpot. These are skills that open up the challenging but worthwhile experiences in the real world that studying at a university cannot accommodate.
GAC provided supplementary help in learning Mandarin my assigning me a tutor. We would meet regularly in a cafe in order to maximize the language-learning environment since I could order food in Chinese at the same time. If the student's expectations do not directly correspond to those proposed by the tutor, GAC offers flexibility in which changing a tutor would not be problematic.
Assuming that the participant takes Mandarin, resides with a Chinese-speaking host family, and has exposure to the cuisine,everything would seem to be in order. What else could still be missing? GAC fills in the last missing puzzle piece by inviting students to take part at numerous excursions and cultural workshops offered on a weekly basis. Whether it be climbing at the Ming Wall, or learning the ins and outs of a Chinese massage, participants will enthusiastically choose cultural electives that cover an extensive realm of preferences. Those passionate about history and gardening will enjoy the Summer Palace, while those who are more action-oriented will enjoy Tai Chi.
Without GAC, interns would abound with confusion in a part of the world that may initially seem unfamiliar to them. Nevertheless, the help of such a reliable agency around the clock engages participants in an adventure that they will treasure for a lifetime. Remember,whatever a student puts into the experience is what he or she takes out of it,and those who take advantage of GAC will find a very rewarding experience that will remain indented in their memories beyond their stay in China.

Chinese Immersion and one-on-one program

Shortly after finishing a year of intensive Chinese, I entered a 4-week Homestay and one-on-one study program with Go Abroad China. The teaching and Homestay combined were excellent, and my fluency in Chinese improved significantly even in such a short period. The progress was in no small part due to the high quality of GAC' s teaching staff. The teaching was excellent. All the teachers gave a strong impetus to my learning.

Study Chinese

GAC provided supplementary help in learning Mandarin my assigning me a tutor. We would meet regularly in a café in order to maximize the language-learning environment since I could order food in Chinese at the same time. If the student’s expectations do not directly correspond to those proposed by the tutor, GAC offers flexibility in which changing a tutor would not be problematic.

GAC Chinese Immersion

I joined Go Abroad China's Mandarin Immersion Program in Beijing in summer 2010. It was a fantastic experience and my Chinese speaking skills and my understanding of the culture improved tremendously!

I was in Beijing from June 1st until June 27th. I was living with a Chinese family just outside of Central Beijing and had a private tutor for four hours a day. The home and family were very nice. The apartment was spacious, air conditioned, and I was given my own room and bathroom. Whenever I was at home, I would eat my three meals with the family. The neighborhood was very very safe. I had no issues or worries at all. I asked to be in a neighborhood where not much English was spoken, so I would be able to practice my Chinese. I was living in a community of 30,000 Chinese, where I made many friends during my stay. GAC provided me with exactly what I asked for.

Living with a Chinese family was a fantastic experience, because I enjoy adapting to new cultures. It can be a little challenging adapting to all their customs and habits for the first few days, but my family was very accommodating. I certainly recommend it over a hotel, because you get to practice speaking Chinese over meals and throughout the day. My family made me feel very comfortable from the moment I walked in, and involved me in all their plans and discussions, so I really enjoyed the experience. The biggest challenge I faced was getting used to some of the food, because I had never eaten/ heard of some of their dishes before. But once they figured out my preferences and habits, they really did their best to accommodate me.

I had 20 hours of Chinese language course and I think 20 hours is plenty because that’s 4 hours each weekday. After 3, I started to lose focus because they are private classes are kind of intense. I would not suggest taking more. After class, I suggest you go practice Chinese on the street with random people, who are all super friendly. That really helps too, because you aren't prepared for the conversation or the accent. Random people used to come up tome and make conversation all the time.
GAC staffs are extremely helpful. And the private teacher is too. Tutoring helped me tremendously. Especially with my pronunciation, because that was very weak before.

Really enjoy in China with GAC

I joined GAC Mandarin Immersion Program in Beijing in summer 2010. It was a fantastic experience and my Chinese speaking skills and my understanding of the culture improved tremendously. Also, the GAC staff are extremely helpful. And the private teacher is too. The program coordinator was always there to help me whenever I needed it.

It's awesome!!

I arrived without speaking a word of Chinese. Simple daily matters were a struggle. In such situations, Go Abroad China staff gave me the assistance and guidance I needed.In addition the social events and parties organized by GAC were an excellent way of meeting people. The GAC staff is really friendly and helpful. We the GAC students have been lucky compared to those who didn't come here by GAC. They have had all kinds of problems, from getting around in the city to finding rooms, etc. The Chinese singing and painting classes are also nice, I wish there were more of them! For the students to come: enjoy your time!

It's awesome!!

Being in China with GAC

Doing Business with China for an American Company, I became aware how important the Chinese language and culture is. GAC's well-presented web-page allowed me a first overview of all the possibilities studying in China. My excellent impression on GAC was confirmed by professional and competent staff, giving me all necessary information and help. Being in China with GAC is like being in a big family.

Chinese Immersion

I thought the GAC program offered an ideal mix of exactly what I was looking for: a way to improve my Chinese while experiencing China. Tutors were available in the afternoon, to review your lessons or help with any language questions you might have. The two Language Exchange Partners with whom I was paired up with by GAC were excellent. We often met up for dinners and other excursions, giving me the opportunities to converse and learn Chinese outside of the classroom, as well as to get a feel for how locals live.

Chinese

Living so far away from home, the notion of family takes on an entirely new meaning. Providing a soft-landing, support, and security, Go Abroad China offers its students opportunities to stretch themselves to explore, to experience and to engage China.