Go Abroad China participants Go Abroad China participants

Engineering Internships in China

My experience = Great host family + wonderful start-up

GoAbroadChina helped me find a great host family and a very good company to work for. I continue staying in touch with the family that hosted me and with folks I met at work. I would say Beijing is a safe city as long as one is using common sense and listens to trustful people's advice on how to live in city.

I worked as an android developer and as assistant for the operations team at the start-up behind the "Amber Weather" android application.

If you can afford making an investment into GoAbroad's programs and are open-minded, you'll be into a very nice adventure.

The Best Way to Immersion in a different Culture

I've used Go Abroad China for internship in China. This experience have been the best of my life and I have learned so much during my work. From the moment I left home to take part in this program so far away from home I've felt so comfortable, happy and safe. If I have enough time I would definitely extend my projects much longer.
My host family was amazing! They made me feel at home and took me everywhere I wanted and more. I even got to go to a traditional Chinese wedding. I also visited some of the touristic sites, but my experience with this family was unique and so much better than what I hoped for! By the way, the food was great too.
I've recommended this to all my friends who want to do internships abroad that don't know how to go about it as you are so well looked after. It has been the best couple of months and I look forward to no doubt be joining Go Abroad China for more internship oppertunity in the future. I can't recommend it enough!

My First Paid Engineering Internship in China

I had a wonderful experience in China with Go Abroad China. The Go Abroad China staff was very helpful and level headed. Prior to traveling, when I unexpectedly lost my passport during the government slow down Go Abroad China staff told me to be patient and not cancel anything until about two days before I was expected to leave, just in case the new passport arrived in good time. I was glad for their advice as I was panicky that I might lose the trip and the internship experience.
It was eye-opening to work in one of the most flourishing and busy cities in China—Shanghai which have developed fast in recent years. The company I interned with is an on-the-ground, activist organization fueled by passion and commitment of the founder/director. It is a great internet and media company. They need lots of help. They ceat favor. I am glad that I was useful and I am grateful for what they teach me not only in my working ability but also in Chinese speaking. The experience was humbling and inspiring.
It was quite difficult to leave Shanghai in the end. Even having been there for a short time, I had made friends who I know will be my lifelong pen pals and totally immersed myself in the new, exciting culture of China. I am already planning my next trip to China with Go Abroad China, but it might be more wishful thinking seeing as I am about to become a student! But my advice to those thinking of working abroad is not to think about it too much, obviously planning for your trip is important but try not to get too caught up in what might or might not happen when you're there – just go for it, you won't regret it.