Go Abroad China participants Go Abroad China participants

Best Competitive China Internship Program with GAC

Business internship in Beijing

My name is Veronica, I did a business internship in Beijing last summer and really had a good experience there. The business dealt with exports and supplies and my roles included helping maintain records of goods, ensuring with my boss which products are meant to leave and what time etc. After that usually I would need to write a report.
I interned for only a month, and it just flew by very quickly. I contacted Go Abroad China to help me with this internship placement, keeping in mind my budget and other needs which included a place to live. They also helped me get introduced to the company right in Beijing and once on the weekend joined everyone for a trip to Beijing's Forbidden City.
Generally speaking everything went smoothly and I got good treatment, I wish though I had the means to have been able to extend by a couple more weeks. But living in Beijing for that time was great, I enjoyed the city especially during my spare time during the weekends. One thing you need to be aware of is that the internship most times is like full time work. You check in like everybody else for around eight hours per day.

The wonderful intern program in china with Go Abroad China

I initially discovered GAC simply because they were one of the few overseas agencies to offer an internship program in my discipline. After browsing their website for an hour or so it became apparent to me that GAC was an extremely professional organization that has a clear understanding of student needs. Then I proceeded to contact a representative of the company. All of my questions were promptly answered, and the process for applying for the internship program was clearly explained.
Prior to coming to China I did not speak any Chinese at all, and naturally this makes life a little bit difficult, especially when trying to get directions or order food at restaurants. However, the program coordinator's service was extremely good. They were extremely friendly and helpful, and made the transition to Beijing life much easier than it would otherwise have been. I will recommend this program as it provides a very unique and rewarding experience, and is provided by a very professional and helpful organization. Choosing GAC for my internship has been an excellent decision, and I have not regretted it for a moment.

Internship with GAC

I came to Beijing for 3 months Internship Program, because I wanted to study Chinese and to improve my career prospects. I was very satisfied with my experience and GAC assistance. Even though I was alone I knew that there was an organization behind me that could help with everything. The family I’ve been staying with was kind and helpful; they were open-minded so I didn’t have any troubles with them.

The program itself was very fulfilling from many aspects: language studies, daily life, excursions and culture. My Chinese language teacher was absolutely great; she helped me a lot to learn more. Program coordinators were caring and always helped me.

The greatest benefit that I’ve gained from GAC experience is the opportunity to find very good job and understand what my work career would be. I am independent now and I’ve learnt to live myself. I’ve left behind me all my fears that troubled me in the past.

GAC Summer Internship Program

My stay in Beijing has been really great!

I participated in GAC program last summer. I thought the program offered what I was looking for: a way to improve my Chinese while experiencing China. The Chinese tutors were available flexibly to help with any language questions. My host mother Grace has been very very nice and patient with me, as well as GAC staff who has provided me with constant guidance and feedback! We often met up for dinners and other excursions, giving me the opportunities to converse and learn Chinese outside of the classroom. Before my program started in Beijing, GAC team was very responsive, making the process of getting to China and working, living in China much easier. Any problems came up were easily solved. I have to admit it is a great relief to know that I can call her anytime!

In addition, the group dinners and trips organized by GAC were wonderful. I was very very pleased by the welcome, and I am very thankful to GAC staff. I love them!

Beijing Internship

It was definitely a great experience. The company I worked for was great, the work I did was fun, and all of my co-workers were friendly. The GAC Beijing Coordinators are excellent at their jobs, and very friendly. They are available practically 24/7 throughout your entire stay to help you with anything that might come up, and also to assist you in navigating the treacherous enigma that is life in Beijing.

I personally stayed in a private apartment, but GAC is a very flexible program (this is what makes us unique) and so you can choose from a variety of options such as apartment, hotel, home stay, etc, and GAC will set it up for you. I also opted to take language training classes. My teacher was extremely friendly and a wonderful. Our sessions were everyday after work and we would generally go somewhere (restaurant, tea house, etc.) for each lesson. The lessons were very informal, generally me honing my Chinese through conversation and picking up new vocabulary and such as we visited various places in Beijing. Also, I had year of beginning Chinese in college prior to my first GAC trip, so I was somewhat prepared, although I had failed to review all summer and thus had forgotten a lot of vocabulary by the time I arrived. By simply living in Beijing (regardless of the tutor) your Chinese conversation skills and confidence will improve dramatically, just by virtue of interaction with people on a day to day basis.

My trip last summer was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had! In fact, I will be returning to China for a second internship with GAC and I wholeheartedly recommend this program!

Internship in Beijing

It’s great experience. The staff was helpful, young and very understanding. Also Beijing is the heart of China, so to be exposed to China, Beijing is the right place. Everything was perfect. It lives up to my expectations and more, so why not advice my friends to experience it?! Program coordinators’ service was pretty good. Whenever I asked for something I would get a quick response. Go Abroad china is a great program. I had many options to choose, and I really appreciated that. Overall it was a great program, one month was like a day. I made many friends. I am now considering to go back to study Chinese for a year!

Internship, Beijing

Prior to coming to China I did not speak any Chinese at all, and naturally this makes life a little bit difficult, especially when trying to get directions or order food at restaurants. However, the program coordinator’s service was extremely good. They were extremely friendly and helpful, and made the transition to Beijing life much easier than it would otherwise have been. I will recommend this program as it provides a very unique and rewarding experience, and is provided by a very professional and helpful organization. Choosing GAC for my internship has been an excellent decision, and I have not regretted it for a moment.

Beijing Impression

Now it has been about five weeks since I arrived in Beijing, after what seemed like an eternity (but was actually I think like six months) of planning and correspondence with the ever glowing Zoe Wang from GAC Beijing via email, and already the city feels like home. I don’t exactly know how long I will be here; my current internship is over at the end of this (solar) year, but I have already had discussions with my current boss about the prospect of ongoing employment.

It is ironic in a way that, coming to China with such a passion for so many aspects of Chinese culture; Calligraphy, Martial Arts and Philosophy just to name a few, that I have so far had less engagement with traditional Chinese culture here than I did in Australia. There has simply been so much to do here that I haven’t had the time to pursue these interests. But I have no doubt that in future I will find plenty of time to explore the intricate sophistication and eccentricities of the cultural artifacts from the worlds’ longest unified civilization.

The staffs from GAC have been wonderfully supportive during my time here, and I think I have made some solid friendships from within the organization that will hopefully outlast the duration of my internship here in China. I can only hope that my experience of China and Beijing continues to be such a positive one. There are so many more things that I could say about this place, but I feel that maybe what is here should be enough of a taste to spark your imagination and inspire your own Chinese adventure.

quality service with a fantastic course

Go abroad China was exactly what I was looking for they tailored a program to my exact specifications and with in two weeks i was in China. It was a very impressive turn around. If I ever had any problems I had my personal rep to help me. I really do not have a bad word to say about this course. They really help you traverse the sometimes confusing landscape of working a studying in China.

this is not applicable to me is I already had somewhere to stay but judging by the quality of the rest of the course I am sure it is an A+

Internship in business sector: Beijing

Enrolling with Go Abroad China in the internship program was a good experience for me, I joined a business & consulting firm in Beijing (I’m a business major) and got to work very quickly within days of arriving in China. For anyone coming to China, don’t be surprised at the work hours, they are different from many countries from what I have noticed. But coming from the view that I wanted to learn and had a strict number of weeks to complete an internship, it helped me a lot. I applied probably a month before I wanted to start the internship and they were able to get me a position relatively quickly.
On their part, I think there was an even/dinner with everyone that applied through GAC per month so I got attend two of those. Communication was relatively easy with GAC, we communicated largely through email and skype here and there.
It was my first time in Beijing city and I liked it with its loudness and had many more foreigners than I imagined.

Internship with a trade company

I got an internship through Go Abroad China; they are the ones that seemed to offer what I wanted close the budget I had. I worked for a trade company based in downtown Shanghai. Doing the work experience in Shanghai was great; my team was in charge of finding clients through emails, phone calls and doing presentations. I was also involved with a lot of research about how the trade industry works and where that company should be improving. China is quite crowded but the life in Shanghai is great, if I found a job there I wouldn’t hesitate to move there. I don’t really speak Chinese but it wasn’t a problem at work since I was not the only foreigner in the company, so English was easily spoken; plus plenty of Chinese in Shanghai actually speak English! Besides that I did have several times I went out to see the town and have fun too.

Wonderful internship& study in China

This is Jane and coordinate the program in Shanghai, first of all, I would like to thank GAC to offer me this chance to co-work with them and meet different students around the world.
Now the interns in Shanghai have nice work in famous companies, like Wison, JW Group.They have leaned a lot during daily work and intergrate in Chinese way of life.Co-workers are really nice, in the weekends can have different activities offered by GAC,or go to other cities to explore and know more about China;We share experiences and stories regularly, celebrate holidays;students live with homestay help them to understand chinese family culture;besides, GAC offers better service, and keep doing the best for students.
All in all, GAC is not only a third party, also a friend for everyone who has experienced.

Eye Opening Adventure in China

I initially discovered Go Abroad China simply because they were one of the few overseas agencies to offer an internship program in my discipline. After browsing their website for an hour or so it became apparent to me that Go Abroad China was an extremely professional organization that has a clear understanding of student needs. Then I proceeded to contact a representative of the company. All of my questions were promptly answered, and the process for applying for the internship program was clearly explained.
A number of things contributed to making my internship such a fantastic experience. First of all, as I chose the home stay option, I was living with a Chinese family in a typical Beijing apartment. The family was very kind and provided assistance to me where they could. Secondly, the internship position itself and the company I worked for were excellent. For the first time since starting my studies I was able to get real-world, hands-on experience applying my knowledge, and I got to learn a lot of new stuff along the way. Thirdly, the other employees at my work were great people who really enriched my experience. I worked in an IT company to assist in Marketing campaigns from event organization through to PR, digital marketing and corporate hospitality. I learned lots of things that I never know in the school from this company. It is really a precious experience for me. I will never forget this experience.

The best intern experience with Go Abroad China

My name is Nick. I'm from the US, I took a semester off of college at a private school in New York called the King's college to intern abroad with Go Abroad China.
It's been a pleasure to work with the people of my internship company as well as being involved in the actual work they are doing. It's fascinating to see the business side of China and to compare them to the way things are in developed countries. And my Chinese class is absolutely helpful. I have 20 hours a month of Chinese tutoring. It's one and one and it's awesome because it allows me to ask the things I want and the teacher is able to focus on me exclusively rather than having to split time within me and other students. In addition to taking the classes, you will learn just from riding the subway, ordering food etc.
My living accommodation has been the best part of me living in Beijing. I have an awesome roommate. He has made my experience in Beijing one I'll never forget. I haven’t had a lot of bad culture shock because I have set a strong community with people who look after me. I’m thankful for it.
This experience will impact my future in so many ways. I've always been interested in working in China and I knew that I wanted to do business here in the future but having gained experience in the space I've had access to during my internship, I know that the network I've developed and the work experience I developed are going to come in handy in the future.
Go abroad china's program coordinator Ada is been awesome, she picked me up from the airport, took me to my accommodation. After that she has been in touch with me by emails, see how things were going. And she frequently invites me out to lunches, see parks or museums in Beijing. Just today we went to an art zone which is really awesome, called 798. That's the coolest thing I've seen in Beijing. So if you are lucky enough to have Ada as your program coordinator, you are in for a treat.
If you are interested in going abroad, Go abroad China is the company to go through.

Nice!!

GAC's internship program provides an opportunity to work with leading foreign companies in China. Before I arrived in Beijing, my curriculum vitae were sent to Scandinavian Furniture (SF). After my arrival their information was provided to me so I was well prepared.

Internship in China

I came to China for the Internship Program to improve professional prospects and also see interesting places. I spent 4 months working, engaging with cultural and everyday life in China. Overall experience was good, I felt like GAC program staff were very approachable and supportive. Especially I was impressed by email communication before I came to China. The handling of my Internship and other arrangements were quick and professional. I was also very satisfied with the company service during my stay.

I’d definitely recommend GAC Internship Program to others!

Internship

I interned in CRI through GAC and I worked closely with the manager and a number of other colleagues doing mostly interviewing, events and social media-type work. By interviewing, I mean interviewing ambassadors and counselors of various embassies like Micronesia, Nepal, etc.

Summer Internship in Beijing

I'm from Canada, studying engineering in the US and had finished my 2nd year. I joined Go Abroad China program in summer, 2010.

I got put in a 3 bedroom apartment with two others locals who are a year or two older than I am. I have my own bedroom space and it's bigger than my dorm room. I lived 2 min away from the bus stop to my office so it's very convenient. It takes me 40-50min to get to work. My Chinese roommates are very nice people and we get along well. They don't speak much English but my Chinese is decent enough to get simple ideas across. We've never had a really long conversation about anything though.I also teach them English in the evenings.

I have Chinese language classes for 4hrs every Saturday and most Sundays. I know Cantonese and a lot of the words are similar so basically it's like learning how to say words and commonly used phrases/conjunctions.
However, if you have no prior knowledge at all, the Chinese language is ridiculously difficult to learn so in my opinion anything short of 1.5hours a day is too little to get even a grasp of the language. That's if you want to have a conversation instead of just responding to and asking simple questions.The Chinese classes with GAC would probably get you to simple question/response. That's the language's fault though.The teacher is nice and easy to talk and knows English but isn't fluent.

I study mechanical engineering and requested some related company. I have never had a job/internship before and I had no clue what engineering consulting was so I didn’t' really have any expectations. I ended up at the company based in the UK with offices in Scotland, Beijing, Canada and very recently, US. They handle lots of reports and reviews and site visits related to renewable energy projects literally worldwide. China's largest resource is wind energy so I was dealing with mostly Wind energy. I've been assigned to do things that actually mattered so I am enjoying it.

GAC coordinator is ridiculously helpful and reliable. Absolutely no concern here!

GAC coordinator is ridiculously helpful and reliable.

Internship

I had a fairly positive experience with GAC. I lived with young Chinese professional (no English) and studied 6 hours a day with a tutor provided by GAC. I would recommend it if you really plan to make progress in the language. Accommodation was comfortable, my apartment had small living room, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and kitchen. Neighborhood was definitely safe and China in general is very safe. GAC coordinators were very helpful and attentive. Do not hesitate to ask them to accommodate or help you.

GAC coordinators were very helpful and attentive.

I interned in CRI

Very Pleasant Experience

Go Abroad China was everything I could as for in a company to take me on this journey. I travelled to Beijing for three months where I Interned in two business and studies the Chinese language.
This company dealt with all issues professionally and efficiently and as long as I had my phone (issued by the company) I was never alone, I always someone I could talk too.
I fully recommend GAC to any other student thinking of going to China.

I had a fairly positive experience with GAC.

I had a fairly positive experience with GAC. I lived with young Chinese professional (no English) and studied 6 hours a day with a tutor provided by GAC. This is what I would recommend if you really plan to make progress in the language.

I couldn't tell the amount of money I spent per month but in China there's a huge range for personal spending. You can eat and drink with friends for $3 or $4 (and sometimes less) and leave very full. At the same time you could go to Western restaurants or clubs or bars and spent quite a bit more.

Good internship in business

For the internship program, I was living with a Chinese family in Beijing. Their neighborhood was actually really nice and close to the subway station, which was really convenient because I took the subway everyday to work.

As for the internship, it was good, they assigned me a partner at work and a lot of our duties were finding new clients for the company, then doing work to increase sales.

My coworkers were helpful, the company also helped me extend my visa because I ended wanting to stay longer and they allowed me.

I contacted Go Abroad China pretty quickly after I discovered them via the internet. They offered a really affordable program as budget was one of my concerns with an internship outside of my country. In Beijing, their staff took us to the GreatWall, we explored the city center a couple of times and generally it was okay.

Internship in Beijing in a public relations firm

The few months I spent in China were really rewarding, I learnt a lot about the culture, spring festival, Ming Tombs and exploring Beijing. It was my first time in Beijing, I found it very exciting, loud, it never sleeps and very cosmopolitan...well some parts anyway.

I was interning at a Public Relations company and learnt a lot, especially what strategies are generally good to use if you are doing public relations and have other companies as clients. I also realised how tough it is to work under pressure sometimes but overall I felt like it was a good internship.

I also had some Chinese classes too and currently I am at level 2, for me that's good enough because I got around just fine. I lived in a small apartment in a Chinese area, but I preferred it this way because I still got my privacy and had lovely Chinese neighbours who were really friendly towards me.

quite good

My experience in China was a good experience to me, but above all important to me. i didn t see the guys from the organization so often, and i was a little sorry.they organize excurtions more than two times a month and it is a prettty nice thing beacause gives the chance to all students to meet eachother.