Go Abroad China participants Go Abroad China participants

Accounting & Finance Internship in China

Extraordinary Experience in China

After finishing my Bachelor's studies in UK I wanted to gain work experience in a company abroad while improving my Chinese skills. Thus I decided to go to China. In China I work for a German company that has about 100 employees working in the Beijing headquarter. Everyday I experience the Chinese way of doing things and organization style. The differences from my previous jobs are huge. Luckily my boss and co-workers are really friendly and somehow we always manage to communicate what we need with a mix of gestures, English, Chinese and German. The general rules are stricter than what I am used to but the working atmosphere is relaxed and it is not possible to work overtime.
My task is to develop a supplier rating system. I work independently but in cooperation with many departments as I rely on their data. For my project I have to analyze and structure the data and then develop a step-by-step guide for the employee on how to carry out the supplier assessment. Overall I am glad to work here for a while and to be able to work so independently. If I wanted to stay longer I would choose a bigger company with more Western structures and closer to the city center but this experience is invaluable and definitely a plus for personal development as well as for adjusting to a new work environment in the future. As I absolutely enjoy travelling and life in new countries I will continue my education after this internship with a Master's programme that will also be abroad. For everybody considering doing an internship in Asia and I can only advise you to not worry too much because you will not regret this experience! Also, I would like recommend Go Abroad China to you, since it is really a professional organization.

The best intern in my life with Go Abroad China

I trusted Go Abroad China to place me in reliable and honest organizations that are 100% committed to making a difference in my country. Go Abroad China brought me to Beijing in 2012. The trip was my own without any friends or family traveling accompanying me. But with Go Abroad China I honestly never felt alone. The best example of how much I trust this organization is that I went back to Go Abroad China for my next trip to Shanghai in 2013. They fit me with an organization as passionate as I am and knowledgeable as I hoped to be. My placement was incredible and I couldn't have imagined a better fit for me. I was working with at least four other interns at a time but we all worked in different areas.
Besides I was arranged to stay with a local family, which is my favorite moment in China. When I asked my "mum" if I could go to dance lessons during my time in Shanghai and she was like "dance lessons? Of course! Tonight we'll put on some music and I teach you how to dance.". And so we did and it was so much fun! :) ....At work it was simply every morning when I arrived and everybody screamed "good morning" and hugged me. I felt loved. Along with the time spent with Chinese people, my Chinese skills are improved much.
In addition to all of this, I met some other dedicated intern from around the world. In total, we were a group of 10 from 9 countries. The best part of this organization is that you can choose what part of the year you want to go on your trip, so people in the group came and left for various lengths of time. I still keep in touch with my friends overseas today to see how they're doing.

Interning in China

My name is Tanya, a new graduate from Australia. My proficiency of Chinese before doing the program was almost non-existent. I chose to do the full internship package in Beijing.
My did internship for 3 month with Go Abroad China Internship in China Program. My internship was the typical financial jobs you would expect –prepare financial reports, provide financial advice, business analysis, etc. I learnt lots of practice working experience which I have to say.
My Chinese definitely improved and I became more independent as a result of living by myself in a foreign country. I would recommend the internship program to every of my classmates and friends, and you are guaranteed what the internship will be like.
GAC was satisfactory. I was able to quickly come to China and experience a different culture and learn a lot. The staff in Beijing were pleasant enough during the application process and were quick to reply. The GAC representative in Beijing city was welcoming, friendly, and tried her best to help with all my problems. She definitely made a big difference and enriched my stay in Beijing.

My Business Internship in Shanghai

The best thing about my internship in Shanghai is that I got job roles that I felt allowed me to learn a lot about Business and the way the Chinese people run their businesses compared to other places.
My supervisor at the company always assigned my tasks; she was the person I reported to everyday. She was also the one who interviewed me – I had an initial talk with Go Abroad China, then a rather formal interview with the internship company. The company I was working at provided consulting services and advise to many Chinese businesses. Mainly I was working with a team that did a lot of research, analysis and preparing presentations to the customer companies. It was really great, my internship lasted 3 months and every month I got a stipend from the company to use for transport and lunch meals. I paid for Go Abroad China’s full package deal, which included having somebody meet me at the airport when I landed in Shanghai, they helped me apply for a visa, they arranged my housing in an apartment shared with other people and a couple of times a month there would be activities organized actually for everyone to enjoy. It was a lot of money spend to go to China and have all this arranged for me but it is still worth it because I had always wanted to go.

Live and work with Chinese people

Go Abroad China Internship Program was perfect for me as graduate student. I know it is very important for me since it will color my CV if I have abroad working experience. Also I knew I wanted something related to my education, my expected career, something well organized and easy. Going to one of the open days really helped me take the first step to actually quitting my job and going for it, then once the ball was rolling there was loads of support and information. You get your own webpage with everything you need on it. The top reason I chose Go Abroad China was the program itself—A business internship in Beijing, and the experience I got there was ideal. This company provides value-added consulting, business implementation services and support to Western companies that are doing business in China.
Besides, The host family was really friendly. A big thanks to Go Abroad China team for their service, gentleness and fast answers on all our questions. It helped me get experience in a different industry. I would highly recommended Go Abroad China.