OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Study in Top Chinese Universities - GAC New Programs 2014

GAC - BLCU

The ladies at the GAC office in Beijing are sweet and caring, and the group activities are fun and wholesome. If you want to get to know a few Chinese people in a personal way, and would like someone to translate the many idiosyncrasies of Chinese culture to you, this is certainly a good place to start.

The best Chinese study program in china with Go Abroad China

Ever since I participated in an exploratory Mandarin Chinese course in Grade 11, I had always craved the ideal opportunity to immerse myself in Chinese culture. As my university required an internship component as a graduation requirement, it seemed only reasonable to set my eyes on China as an internship destination. Only one concern remained. How would such an ambition become feasible? Luckily, there is Go Abroad China (GAC), a non-profit organization dedicated in equipping young adventurous interns in China with the expectation that they succeed and emerge as global leaders.
Naturally, the core of the internship program revolves around endeavors at the workplace. Assuming that the companies operate Anglophone environments, exposure to Chinese culture on a daily basis appears to be missing. Thanks to GAC, embedding elements of a culture pertaining to one-sixth of the world's population everyday became a reality that left me as a well-rounded and open-minded leader prepared for future challenges involving China's emergence as a world superpower.
If learning the Chinese language and customs is to occur regularly, then focusing in on the accommodation remains imperative. GAC abounds with options that enable participants to live with Chinese of all lifestyles. In my case, I managed to live with single roommates working full time, a wealthy family in Beijing's northern suburbs, and a host mother who worked professionally as a doctor. Irrespective of social status, all appreciated my effort to learn Mandarin, and they introduced me to a wide array of Beijing specialties to satisfy my appetite for Chinese cuisine. Such a set-up proved worthwhile in helping me integrate into Chinese society.
Additionally, GAC provided supplementary help in learning Mandarin my assigning me a tutor. We would meet regularly in a cafe in order to maximize the language-learning environment since I could order food in Chinese at the same time. If the student's expectations do not directly correspond to those proposed by the tutor, GAC offers flexibility in which changing a tutor would not be problematic.
Assuming that the participant takes Mandarin, resides with a Chinese-speaking host family, and has exposure to the cuisine, everything would seem to be in order. What else could still be missing? GAC fills in the last missing puzzle piece by inviting students to take part at numerous excursions and cultural workshops offered on a weekly basis. Whether it be climbing at the Ming Wall, or learning the ins and outs of a Chinese massage, participants will enthusiastically choose cultural electives that cover an extensive realm of preferences. Those passionate about history and gardening will enjoy the Summer Palace, while those who are more action-oriented will enjoy Tai Chi.
Without GAC, interns would abound with confusion in a part of the world that may initially seem unfamiliar to them. Nevertheless, the help of such a reliable agency around the clock engages participants in an adventure that they will treasure for a lifetime. Remember, whatever a student puts into the experience is what he or she takes out of it, and those who take advantage of GAC will find a very rewarding experience that will remain indented in their memories beyond their stay in China.

Great Summer in Beijing

I stayed in Beijing for 2 months to study mandarin Chinese at BLCU. And I had a wonderful time here. I studied, worked and went out with friends.
Go Abroad China (GAC) provided me with the right information. They gave me a big map, the address of where I was staying, the university (BLCU). They even gave me a pen and a notebook to study. They took me from my place to the university, and back, to make sure I could do it by myself the next day without getting lost. I even got a paper with the stations I had to get down at. I was very grateful, because I had never been in Beijing before. Everytime i saw my program assistant from GAC or any of her colleagues they would ask how I was. And I could call them anytime or text them. GAC always replied ASAP.
On the weekends, trips were organised, and they would send an email with all the information needed.(what we were visiting, where to meet, time, advice on what to bring...)
GAC also helped me when I wanted to change some of my classes, because I found them a bit too easy. My program assistant contacted the university, so the next day I was placed in another class after I went to talk to the teacher about it.
I also applied to the internship program, so I went to Mandarin lessons in the morning and worked in the afternoon. The first placement I got, I did not like it much because it was too far away, so I told them I did not want to go there and they found another one the day after, so I thought they were really effective.
The day I was leaving, my program assistant took me to the airport at midnight as my flight was leaving very early in the morning. She made sure I was safe.
GAC was very cosiderate and helpful to me and other students I know, so I would definitely contact them next time I come here or anywhere else in China

Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) has great methods of teaching. The first day there, they tested my mandarin level and then they would place you in a class, nonetheless, if you felt you were in the wrong class you could always go to reception and tell them to change you.
My main objective was learning how to write Chinese characters as I already know how to speak. I was put into a B class so I could follow the lesson perfectly well. It was useful for my level of writing; however I was not learning any new vocabulary or grammar because I already knew that, so I told my program assistant of Go Abroad China (GAC) and helped me out. She contacted BLCU, and the day after I went to talk with the teacher my program assistant from GAC told me and everything was solved.
All of my teachers were very nice, and if you had any question you could always ask them. During the lessons, we would do reading, writing, listening and speaking. From 08.00-10.00 we would have one teacher who would teach us how to write the new vocabulary, grammar and we would also read the text on the book and from 10.00-12.00 we would revise what we had previously done, focusing more on oral and listening skills. We had an exam at the end of the course and they gave us a certificate. I learnt a lot during my time here.

I lived in an apartment with a married couple, at the beginning when I was told, I thought it would be a bit strange as i thought I would be constantly controlled by them. However, it turned out to be great! They made me feel at home, I could go out with my friends, or stay home. I could talk to them whenever I wanted, and they would always make sure I was happy and feeling good. Sometimes we went out for lunch or dinner, and they would also ask if I wanted to go anywhere special, for example the first week they took me to Beijing's Olympic site! They took me to play badminton with them and also swimming. It just felt so right to be with them. They would take care about me and ask where I was going but no I felt no pressure at all. Thanks to them, I felt happy since i stepped on their home.

Go abroad China (GAC) would organize a trip every weekend. They would send an email saying where we were going to go, where to meet, at what time and they'd give us advice on what to bring (e.g. make sure you bring enough water and food to the great wall because things there are very expensive).
I was in Beijing and GAC took us to the main touristic sites: Great Wall, Summer Palace, Forbidden City, Yong He Gong Lama Temple, etc.
This weekend experience was a great way of getting to know new people, as GAC students would be there. And even though you were in China, you could still meet people from all around the world. Learning and adapting to a new culture is always easier when there is someone doing it with you, as you can learn from each other.

Go Abroad China (GAC) has been very helpful since the first day I contacted them. They answered all my questions when asked. Applying to the program was simple, and if I had any doubts, i would not hesitate in contacting them. Once in Beijing, I had a program assistant who would solve any problem. And if she was not available her colleague would help.

View detailed rating

My classes at BLCU were pretty good.

I came to Beijing through for a month to study at BLCU. GAC has been very helpful. They've done a lot for me - they picked me up at the airport, they've provided me with a phone, showed me around and they have taken me to lots of historic sites in Beijing, which has been really nice. My classes at BLCU were pretty good. They were a little harder than I was expecting, and it was confusing sometimes because the teachers weren't always clear GAC was here to help me, and I also figured it out on my own. It was really nice to have them show me around Beijing. It was really helpful. Overall, I really enjoyed my time in Beijing with GAC.