Globe Aware Header Image Globe Aware Header Image

Pleasant surprise

Romania was my first volunteer vacation and I really didn't know what to expect. I had travel internationally before, both for work and pleasure, however this was to be a truly unique experience. I was traveling alone, so I was open to whatever came my way. After making my way to Romania, meeting the host family, and other volunteers, I found my self in a wonderful environment. It didn’t take long for the group to bond and feel like family. We were able see so many beautiful sites that could only be experienced through a program like this. There was an overwhelming sense of authenticity that you just can not get with a traditional sightseeing vacation. The program work was rewarding and productive. Our organized leisure activities were steeped in history, education, and genuine Romanian culture. Our down time was spent with family style dinners and enjoying the wonderful weather. I can honestly say this was one of the most enjoyable trips I have ever taken and was left feeling grateful for the opportunity to this experience. I enjoyed myself so much that I plan on returning as soon as I can. I don’t see how anyone could not enjoy themselves in Romania.

The International Volunteer Programs Association