OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Download Application Form

Location

China: Hong Kong, Shanghai

Description

Complete an internship in Shanghai or Hong Kong through GlobaLinks Learning Abroad. Your Internship abroad is all about you! GlobaLinks Learning Abroad is here to assist you in your path of discovery throughout the study abroad experience. We design our programs so that our local and overseas staff are available 24 hours a day to support you in health and safety matters and are also key in enhancing your study abroad experience. Through our planned activities and resident directors’ personal recommendations for activities you can undertake while abroad, you will be directed on a path of personal, academic, cultural, social, and professional discovery. This team, which supports you throughout your experience, will ensure that you have the most fulfilling experience possible – one that is unique to you! So…. What Will You Discover?

International internships in Shanghai and Hong Kong provide professional experience beyond many domestic opportunities because companies are smaller and thus interns are exposed to a wider variety of job duties. Internships are the ultimate way to immerse yourself into a culture. These opportunities offer the best way to connect the theories you learn in the classroom to their practice in the field.

AsiaLearn offers internships with or without credit in every field of study and gives 24/7 on-site support including a group orientation upon arrival in country. We custom build internship placements to meet participants needs, and bring our experience to ensure a great internship experience.

We have had over 200 internship placements in the past in every field and we continue to add new placements. If none of those internships matches what you are looking for, just let us know and we will go find one that does. During the application process, you would write a cover letter detailing what kind of company you would like to work for and the kind of job tasks you are looking for. We will then send that to our staff in Shanghai and they will take it to a number of companies to find the best fit for you.

Highlights

* Guaranteed Prearranged Housing
* Bridging Cultures Orientation in country
* Global Citizens Development
* enCompass Alumni Program

10 Overall Experience

Greatest summer ever

As soon as I arrived in Shanghai I was picked up at the airport and dropped off at my apartment where someone was waiting for me in the lobby to help get settled into my room, eat dinner and have a brief meeting. I was placed in a company where all my coworkers were Chinese and I was the only foreigner. This was a challenge most of the time, but we all got along and made it work. I met many other inters from different countries and I still keep in contact with them all using the popular social media applications WeChat and WhatsApp. Even though I was in China for only two and a half months, it became my home and I truly miss being abroad. I plan on going back in the near future and I recommend everyone to go abroad at least once because it is a learning experience that you will never forget.

10 Overall Experience

Interning with Globalinks!

Seeing the stars in the Atacama Desert. It was absolutely beautiful and I don't think I will ever get to see the stars in that way again. It was straight out of an astronomy textbook!

After visiting the education abroad fair, I left with a lot of different program's information. Globalinks stuck out to me because of their internship program, which I wanted. They had an immersion week where you went sightseeing and learned about the country. Their program stood out to me and I'm glad it did because I loved it.

I stayed with a host family. They were very nice and required me to speak in Spanish. Luckily another student living there from Holland knew English well so I could ask her for help.