OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Internships in Shanghai and Hong Kong

10 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

Greatest summer ever

As soon as I arrived in Shanghai I was picked up at the airport and dropped off at my apartment where someone was waiting for me in the lobby to help get settled into my room, eat dinner and have a brief meeting. I was placed in a company where all my coworkers were Chinese and I was the only foreigner. This was a challenge most of the time, but we all got along and made it work. I met many other inters from different countries and I still keep in contact with them all using the popular social media applications WeChat and WhatsApp. Even though I was in China for only two and a half months, it became my home and I truly miss being abroad. I plan on going back in the near future and I recommend everyone to go abroad at least once because it is a learning experience that you will never forget.

10 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

Interning with Globalinks!

Seeing the stars in the Atacama Desert. It was absolutely beautiful and I don't think I will ever get to see the stars in that way again. It was straight out of an astronomy textbook!

After visiting the education abroad fair, I left with a lot of different program's information. Globalinks stuck out to me because of their internship program, which I wanted. They had an immersion week where you went sightseeing and learned about the country. Their program stood out to me and I'm glad it did because I loved it.

I stayed with a host family. They were very nice and required me to speak in Spanish. Luckily another student living there from Holland knew English well so I could ask her for help.