Global Works - Travel with Purpose Header Image Global Works - Travel with Purpose Header Image

Costa Rica: Surf, Service, Soccer, Language & Leadership

• The Adventure

Costa Rica: language and leadership

One of my favorite parts of the trip was how much exposure we got with the Costa Rican culture. Living with host families and working with the locals gave each individual first hand experience and built an understanding of different ways of life. The locals welcomed us with open arms and really made the experience unforgettable. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in working on their Spanish abilities and channeling their inner adventurous spirit.

• The Adventure

What memories are made of

Earlier in the summer, I happily attended Global Work's Surf and Service program in the beautiful Costa Rica for a week. This was the best week of my life and one of the most life changing experiences I've ever had. I got to learn so much about the culture and the people there, and made so many friends from around the country who had such similar interests as I do. I also had the privilege of helping out the locals with community projects and everyone was so thankful for everything and anything we did, it felt so good to even help out a little. I also learned so much great life advice and more from my trip leaders, who felt more like friends to me which made everything that much more comfortable and fun. I am forever thankful and grateful I was able to experience something as amazing as this trip was at the young age I'm at and learn as much as I did. Global Works provides once-in-a-lifetime opportunities and I would 100% recommend any trip for anyone who loves or wants to travel, learn, or have fun.