Global Leadership Adventures Header Image Global Leadership Adventures Header Image

GLA Guatemala: Children of the Maya (for Teens)

Guatemala GLA 2016

Guatemala was a beautiful country and with the help of Global Leadership Adventures I learned more about their culture than I ever imagined. We begun the trip with a fantastic recreation of a traditional Mayan wedding, with our own students in it! It is safe to say we all got to know one and other really quick after 2 people got married! Not to mention, the service was life changing. You can fall in love with the kids on day one, I would not change my location choice or organization for the world.

GLAwesome

What struck me about GLA was its ability to bridge the wide cultural and economic gap between American teenagers and locals that care profoundly for their country and culture. GLA did an exceptional job at not only telling me why it's important to help, but showing me. It showed me who these people were at their core, what got them up in the morning, and the things they had to endure and sacrifice. I was privileged enough to play and work with them, and listen to their stories, some of which were nearly too horrible to stomach. But the more I learned, and the closer I grew to the country, the more I humbly desired to help them however I could. That is what made my GLA trip more than exceptional, and my only complaint is that I can't go back once I'm out of high school.

Love GLA

Global Leadership Adventures has brought me nothing but good experiences throughout my travels with them. I've gone to three different countries and each has been sensational. I've felt endangered and the staff were fantastic. Highly recommend for anybody look for a valuable learning and service experience abroad.