Global Leadership Adventures Header Image Global Leadership Adventures Header Image

GLA Ghana: Children of Africa

Life changing

This past summer I went to Ghana with Global Leadership Adventures (GLA). Needless to say, it was all phenomenal. The service we did there was so much fun, teaching children and making bricks to help build a library at the school. I will never forget this trip-- I made so many friends and it was amazing being immersed in the Ghanaian culture. GLA ROCKED when we had to go through the process of planning flights and answering all of my questions. Totally would recommend going with GLA to anyone!!

Ghana Children of Africa

This summer I went to Ghana through Global Leadership Adventures. It was such an amazing experience. It opened my eyes to a new perspective of the world I had not previously seen. In the mornings we would go down to the school where we would build bricks for a new library, prior to teaching a class. The children were always so eager to learn and were appreciative of us coming. They would often come to meet us at our HomeBase to hold our hands as we went with them down to the Park to play or go to the school to teach. While we were there, we also learned about some social and global issues like girl empowerment and privilege. Other times we learned about traditional Ghanaian dances, stories, crafts, and how to cook. I made so many friends and would recommend this program to everyone. I had an amazing experience and wouldn't trade it for anything.