Global Experiences Header Image Global Experiences Header Image

Summer Internships in Washington, D.C.

Washington DC Internship through Global Experiences

Warning: This review begins with a major cliché!

As a young boy, I had always dreamed to intern in Washington D.C. and experience what it was like to live in America. Global Experiences fulfilled both of these young boy's wishes.

Throughout the entire experience, I met amazing people: the GE Team in DC, the people who lived in the halls with me, my colleagues at the workplace I interned at and many others along the way. My internship allowed me to work with amazing people who took me to Congress and see what it is like to work in the political hub of the world. I also got to explore DC (along with a cheeky trip to New York) and so, I saw the experience as both career development and a little holiday.

If you are reading this review, I just want to emphasise that you can't lose out by going to DC with GE. The team are always on hand to answer your questions and support you throughout the process, to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience abroad, to allocate you with an internship that develops you and your career, and you will ALWAYS have great memories when you go back home.

Washington DC experience with Global Experiences

Being an intern has never been this brilliant.
I had never worked before and was worried as to what my internship would be like. Working abroad is daunting, especially when it's the first time and I did not know what to expect at all.
I dreaded the amount of coffee and photocopies I would have to make. I had never been so wrong.
I was paired with a criminal defense attorney (my choice of sector) and it is one of the best things that happened to me. My supervisor was kind and gave me challenging tasks. He did not hesitate to rely on me and trusted my work. I felt proud and fulfilled, one of the best states of mind you can be in.
In addition, my accommodation was located in central DC, at George Washington University halls. It was really reassuring to be with other students or interns. I never felt alone. The fact that the museums and landmarks were not far away was also a big advantage.
Finally, Global Experiences definitely helped in the discovery of the city by organising several social events to make the most out of my stay.
I wholeheartedly recommend this organism.

Opportunities wherever you go!

Being accepted into the GE Internship program opened doors to many opportunities for me. Without my placement in Washington, D.C. I would not have been given the chance to gain experience in the field of my interest or live in a place that I have grown to love. During my internship, I had the opportunity to work with passionate and dedicated leaders, mentors and, eventually, friends. My experience through GE was invaluable and one that I could not have obtained through my school or on my own. GE has an amazing network of internship opportunities that may lead to employment opportunities. Don't miss out!

What a great experience in DC!

In the beginning, I'd always dreamed of an intern abroad, and to my disappointment, I didn't get one, BUT I was not disappointed greatly with the DC decision. DC was a wonderful place and had many cool adventures, which I never had an opportunity to explore in my previous visits to DC. I would go out to run around the Reflecting Pool and enjoy the views every evening, and I would go to visit the museums on weekends. Also, it was the gigantic challenge for me to overcome because I am Deaf, but thanks to the wonderful people in the Global Experiences and their unconditional supports, I was able to overcome the challenge.

A DC Internship

I had a wonderful experience at my internship. I loved every minute of it and got to do a variety of things from immigration work, to a few estates to a murder trial. This internship was the reassurance I need that I am destined to be a lawyer.

Circa is awesome and is right on the corner by the metro. The metro being almost directly across from our dorm was incredibly convenient. Overall the dorm was close to everything which made the experience even better!

DC Intern

Interning in Washington DC this summer, was most certainly an experience not to forget! Being able to work within in the heart of the political world itself is only one of the pro’s of doing an internship here, firstly we were situated in Foggy Bottom area which was only a 6 min walk from the White House, the monument and many more infamous attractions, there were also a number of great restaurants and bars right on our doorstep which came in handy. We stayed in GWU student housing, which was great as there were many other interns who were of similar age and we therefore made many friends outside of the GE group and had plenty of parties, but other than the fantastic social aspect of the summer, interning in DC gave me the direction I required and I have now discovered my true passion and know what it is I want to pursue after graduation. Within my internship itself I not only got to learn more about the Criminal Justice System but I also got to see what happened behind the scenes and was able to brush up on my networking skills. I highly recommend doing an internship in DC with Global Experiences. They were incredibly helpful and supportive throughout the entire process and also made it easier to transcend into DC life.

Check out Circa, great for an after work cocktail and great food!