Global Experiences Header Image Global Experiences Header Image

Summer Internships in Paris

Summer in Paris

Finding the perfect internship for the summer is always a stressful time. One day, my French professor told me about an opportunity of working abroad through Global Experiences. From then on, everything just fell into place. All the informational videos and chats just got me more excited about being able to work in Paris. After being accepted, Global Experiences helps you through all your questions and hesitations about going abroad. Although I have been to other countries before, I had never gone to Paris or lived in a foreign place for an extended period of time.

Being a game design major, I was initially a little skeptical about being able to find a relevant internship for my major through Global Experiences. I didn’t want to be just one of those interns who grabs coffee or does busy work that no one else wants to do. Finishing up my last days here in Paris, I am very happy with my placement. The internship might not have been specifically for game design, but because of that, I was able to learn more about different types of programming. My boss was a designer, and therefore she had an eye for aesthetics. Building a website was one of my main tasks. Being a programmer, I could build the main structure of the site, but with her help, I learned about making the website aesthetically pleasing. Towards the end of my internship, I was even able to make a little game experience. This internship gave me the opportunity to go as far as I wanted. I didn’t feel like a machine but rather a relevant team member, so much so, that my boss offered to have me come back to the company when I finished my studies.

For my homestay, I was very close to the metro. Getting around was easy and simple with my Navigo Découvert. For two months, it was me, my host mother, and one other American in the house. I had five meals a week, home cooked by my host mother, and each meal was delicious. I had some of the best food I’ve ever eaten in my life here in Paris, but my host mother’s dinners were definitely on the list too. These meals were also a good time to bond with my host mother and practice my French.

The activities set up by the program location advisor were unique. They were a good time to be able to talk with the other interns and go to places I might not necessarily have known about. Building these friendships definitely helped me to feel more comfortable living in a foreign place. They were people you could relax and have fun with on the weekends, or just a group to be able to talk to in English once in awhile.

Coming out of this experience, Global Experiences helped me to build my résumé, strengthen my interview skills and just made me learn more about myself as a person. I also get to say that I spent my summer in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

A French internship

I wouldn't go back and change these past two months for anything. My internship abroad taught me so much more about myself than I ever imagined. I found how independent and bold I really am. The only thing I would alter is that I wish I opened up sooner. Because now that I know what I'm capable of I want to jump in head first and explore without holding back. I had the best summer of my life so far in Paris, France. And part of what made it so awesome was the challenges I face while here. I would encourage everyone to try something like this for yourself. It doesn't have to be an internship or study abroad in another country. But find something that's going to push you to recognize parts of yourself you never knew. It's totally worth it.

A Lifetime Experience Abroad!

My entire experience abroad was amazing! I wanted something other than just a regular study abroad experience like that of many of my peers... I personally wanted a work experience to develop my career while in college and found just that through Global Experiences. Not only did I do my internship, but living abroad in Paris inspired me to live there on my own after college.

An Experience I Will Never Forget

My internship took place in Paris and I worked at the National Institute of Sport Expertise and Performance. I had a tremendous experience with my host family who cooked me fabulous meals three nights a week. I still to this day, stay in touch with them.

My internship was an experience I will never forget. I had the opportunity to meet several gold medalists and the entire French men's national basketball team. I became very proficient in the language and gained valuable experience that led to a huge resume builder.

I will say that the organized events by GE in Paris were a little disorganized however these events were still very fun. This was all but a minor detail to the overall experience. GE administration seems to be very involved which is a tremendous aspect because they are constantly trying to improve their programs to make them better for the students.

Global Experiences was extremely helpful throughout the process of finding me an internship that suited my interests. Even while I was over in France, if I had any issues with anything, they were quick to respond and aided me in anyway possible.

Not only did I live with a host family that spoke very little English, at my work I was the only American out of 300 employees. It was a terrific way to fully immerse myself in the language and become much more proficient and competent in French.

I took classes for two weeks before starting my internship which was a great refresher on the language and also gave the chance to meet many of my soon to be friends while I was in Paris.

A place worth checking out is the latin quarter near Place Monge metro stop.

Paris has amazing food but you must be aware that if you are going out to eat that it will be very expensive.

There are certain areas you should avoid like any city but I felt very safe on public transport the whole time I was there.