Global Experiences Header Image Global Experiences Header Image

Summer Internships in Florence

Go global with Global Experiences

Through my internship with Global Experiences I found lifelong friendships and countless networking opportunities. Not only did I receive valuable career coaching that will better me for the fashion industry, but the coordinators truly care about each intern and are willing to do whatever necessary to provide the best experience.
I traveled to Milan and Paris to work in showrooms for my internship company. I would not have been afforded these opportunities had I interned in the states.
If you are looking for a killer internship to put on your resume, look no further than letting Global Experiences place you in the prettiest city in the world.
I was able to visit Florence, Zurich, Rome, Milan, Venice, Ravello, Maiori, Positano, Sorrento, Naples, Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, Montreal and Paris in my two shorts months with this incredible program.

An Experience of a Lifetime

This past summer was one I could never forget! My internship taught me so much about my major and even gave me the opportunity to come back and work for them. It was so amazing being able to work in another country because I learned so much beyond the office! The Global Experiences staff was incredibly helpful and supportive along the way. :) I would recommend this experience to anybody looking for growth in their major and personally. I'm incredibly grateful that I was given this opportunity!

Introduced Me To A New Culture And An Invaluable Opportunity

It was my senior year of college and I couldn't let another year pass without trying out Virginia Tech's study abroad program. I was getting dual degrees in English and Music and I wanted to do something different before I graduated because I knew it would be the last chance I had before stepping in the "real world."

I searched online for different programs and came across GE- and the study/internship immediately grabbed me. I called the office, set up an in person appointment and was immediately sold with the opportunity to travel to Florence, Italy- study the language for two months and then intern with a business in my field of study.

Here's what it all turned into- 6 months that were some of the most incredible and invaluable opportunities that I'll never forget. I lived with a girl in an adorable flat in town that became one of my close friends to this day (she lives in Brazil!), interned at the tourist television station in town and met my first boss, Lorenzo Galanti, and co-worker, Chiara Valentini, my mentors that pushed me to give my best (and I ended up on-air reporting a few stories in Italian and English!), and toured with a jazz/blues band every Wednesday evening singing, hanging out, speaking Italian, and just plain living. If you want to know more, you'll have to find me on instagram @dannirosner!

Anyway- the point is, if you're on the fence about doing this program, don't be. This was my first step in becoming who I am today- a giant leap toward independence and taking on the world, that is, I know I was and always will be up for the challenge.

Amazing

I had an amazing and challenging experience in Florence!

Fun in Florence

I had a great time in Florence with Global Experience. My internship was perfect preparation for my future and I had many amazing opportunities and made lots of memories. My housing was an adorable flat in the middle of Florence and helped me feel submersed in Florence. I was sad to have to leave but will keep the memories forever.

Life Changing Experience! Global Makes Living Abroad A Fun, Stress Free Experience!

If you are thinking about it, just do it! Being a part of Global's programs will give you a chance that only many people dream of! There is opportunity for growth with the companies in their network and also time for a fantastic and fun social/cultural experience.

Marketing Intern- Florence

I absolutely loved my time in Florence. I couldn't ask for a better experience. I learned so much from interning abroad. I was given freedom to use what I already knew all the while being encouraged to ask for help. Not only was my internship a great learning experience, but I had the best social experience as well. I loved how Global experiences set you up and help you immerse yourself with new people from all over the world. I would encourage GE to adapt more in depth roommate surveys and try and place you only with GE interns as that was one of the only downfalls. I had a great experience and was so thankful for it. My program advisor in Florence helped make my experience so great and everything run smoothly. I felt safe knowing she would be there in any time of need.

Summer internship in Florence, Italy

Overall this was a great experience. Rachel and Anna, who both live in Florence, really did a great job getting us set up and comfortable. The social and cultural events were so fun and really helped me immerse myself in the culture. I was also able to make some great friends through the program. My main complaint would be in regards to the internship placement- there seemed to be a lack of communication between the acceptance people (based in the US) and the people actually helping us find jobs, so some of my friends and I struggled finding what we were looking for.

Loved it

I loved it here! Amazing time but academics could of been a bit longer (Italian classes)

Provides You With More Cultural Immersion

GE placed me with an English-speaking newspaper in Florence. I wrote all of their advertisements and translated articles to be published. I lived in an apartment in a very residential district, and often took public transportation. After a couple of weeks I had completely adapted to my new lifestyle and was very comfortable meeting new friends, going to the grocery store, and getting around the city. My employers as well as friends we met during our time in Florence would gladly practice Italian with me, and by the end of the trip I could speak comfortably with most Italians (from the north at least!). I felt like an Italian, I ate like an Italian, and I even began dressing like one (to the best of my limited budget!) My GE experience further convinced me of my love for experiencing new cultures, and reinforced my love for the Italian lifestyle.

The on-site administration was wonderful. Whitney and Anna were both very helpful and supportive, serving not only as program coordinators, but as friends who knew the city and could give advice on the best places to go and the best things to do and see. The administration back in the States was non-responsive to many emails and was often unclear about very important details. I didn't receive my living address until one day before my flight departure, and the name of the street was spelled incorrectly. When I had a question about something, it would take weeks to get in touch with my administrator. However, I think this is more of a problem of staff shortage than lack of employee competence. When they did have time to answer my questions, they did so effectively.

I was speaking Italian for at least a couple of hours every day. My employers as well as friends we met during our time in Florence would gladly practice with us. By the end of the trip I could speak comfortably with most Italians (from the north at least!). I felt like an Italian, I ate like an Italian, and I even began dressing like one (to the best of my limited budget!)

I lived very far from the city center, but they must have known that my roommate and I would love it anyway. We reveled in taking the city bus, climbing the long flight of stairs to our fourth floor walk-up, and cooking more than going out. Because we were living solely among residents (all of the students lived closer to the center) it seemed like we legitimately lived there. We were totally immersed, and loved it.

Beautiful city

Beautiful city but too many American studies, no immersion.

Overpriced

Overpriced.

You pay way too much money

You pay way too much money for what you get. Out of the 16 interns here, I'm one of the three that are happy with their internship placement. I paid $8000 and my rent each month can't be more than 600 Euros. With that, the few day trips organized and the few dinners, the flights should definitely be included in the price but aren't. You don't get your money's worth.

Living Situation: We were all paying the same amount but there's a big difference between the apartments. Only one is really nice.