Global Experiences Header Image Global Experiences Header Image

Summer Internships in Dublin!

Truly life changing!

The summer I spent in Dublin through Global Experiences can really only be described as life changing. Not only did I get to live in an incredible city for two months, but I have made friends all over the world that I'm sure I'll have for the rest of my life. The experience that we shared together really helped us with out future goals and plans, and I can't wait to get the chance to go back to Ireland some day (hopefully) soon!

My unforgettable summer in Dublin

I was incredibly nervous going to Dublin. It was my first time abroad for an extended amount of time and my first work experience in my field. What helped ease my mind, however, was knowing how well prepared the Global Experience team was for my arrival. From the pre-departure webinar about everything we needed to know for our arrival to meetings discussing our internship experiences, to fun events where we were able to meet other interns, Global Experiences was helpful and prepared every step of the way. Knowing they were there made me able to fearlessly jump into my internship and try and figure things out on my own in a foreign country.

My personal experience was beyond phenomenal. My placement with the Interior Design company was perfect for me, offering a lot of hands on experience with every aspect of the design process. I also grew close to all of my roommates and have stayed in touch with them since. Both the professional and social aspects were exactly what I needed, and I have Global Experiences to thank. Each person I worked with through Global Experiences really cared about who I was and wanted to help me have the most enriching and fulfilling experience. They were amazing! I highly recommend doing an internship abroad because it made me more confident in my career choice and more confident as an individual. This experience truly changed me for the better.

A better experience then I could have imagined

Global Experiences has been extremely helpful and amazing from the start. The way in which their program sets you with an advisor along the way to finding your internship is extremely personable. Everyone in GE has gotten to know me on an individual level and has been so helpful to finding me an internship that was fitting towards my needs. I am leaving Dublin with life long friends and can absolutely thank our advisor, Brian, for setting me up with the perfect roommates. As far as my location, Dublin, I have fell in love with this city and country as a whole. Living in Dublin you get to experience the atmosphere and culture of a city while also being just minutes away from the beautiful country of Ireland. This experience has left me in awe day after day, thank you GE!

Summer internship with Global Experiences

I had very low expectations for the internship and the placement. I was kinda scared to work for a real company and I didn't know much about Ireland. The entire experience blew my mind. My placement was beyond perfect. I learned a lot about my self and how I function as a working professional. I fell in love with Ireland. The country is beautiful with such a rich cultural and genuinely incredible people. I learned a lot about myself being on my own in a new country and truly believe I've grown up a lot because of this experience. My roommates were out of this world and Peter and Hayley were incredible. They were so helpful and took a lot of time to make sure we were making the most out of our time in Ireland. If I could do the last two months again I would do it over and over. This was an incredible two months and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Unforgettable experience

This summer was hands down one of the best of my life. The people of Dublin are absolutely amazing and always entertaining. Starting early on everyone was so inclusive at work and made me feel like I was part of the family. Ireland has a beautiful and unique culture unlike any other. Dublin allows you insight into city life while also being minutes from rolling green hills and pastures. The friends I've made here through Global Experiences are some that make leaving this summer one of the hardest things I will have to do. GE went above and beyond not only with our internship assignments, but they took the time to know our personalities and roommate match us almost flawlessly. They planned numerous events and road trips for us to go on as well as allowing us independence to figure out the ins-and-outs city as young adults. I wouldn't change a single minute of my time here in Dublin and I know that I would not have been able to create this experience on my own.

8 week summer 2016 internship in Dublin, Ireland

I began working with Global Experiences in October of 2015 to become a part of their 2016 summer internship program in Dublin, Ireland. The resources that Global Experiences has to make sure that you get the most out of an internship are excellent. Their staff was extremely helpful about answering any questions I had, and I really appreciated their advice on crafting my resume and cover letter. The webinars that are also available to watch and participate in before you travel abroad are great. For my internship I was placed in the National Museum of Ireland Decorative Arts and History branch in the registration department. I helped to make sure that every object in the museum's collection had a location number and was entered in our online database. I worked at the museum Monday thru Friday from 10:00-4:00 and had the weekends off. With this schedule I experienced the real working environment of the museum and yet had time to explore Dublin and Ireland.
In addition to securing my internship, Global Experiences also planned excursions for us so we would be able to experience the sights and culture of Ireland. These excursions included day trips to Belfast and the Cliffs of Moher, a cooking night, and a musical pub crawl. With providing housing, excursions, and great staff support while I was in Dublin, Global Experiences provided the whole package. One of the best parts about doing this internship was that there was also flexibility. The excursions are not mandatory, so if you want to plan a weekend in London you can do that. I know several of the interns in my program traveled on their own or in groups. They went to places like Scotland, London, Venice, Budapest, Amsterdam, and Barcelona. Your internship is your first priority, but if you have the free time you can fill up that time anyway you want to.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my internship experience and would do it all again in a heartbeat. I worked with some amazing people who I hope to stay in contact with for a long time to come. If you are planning on doing an internship abroad I would say go for it. However, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to prepare. You will still need to take care of yourself while you are abroad in terms of making sure you have food to eat and transportation funds. Along with being prepared also be ready to adapt. Plan A is not going to work out every time so having a willingness to go to plan B or plan C is essential. Look at it as an adventure. It will be unforgettable and you won't regret it.

Thank You GE!!

I came across Global Experiences about a year ago when I was searching the internet for my next big adventure. At first, I wasn't sure if it was for me because I didn't know exactly what I would be doing and the price seemed a little high, but after talking for a while with a couple of their program consultants I decided to go for it. I worked hard and paid off the program cost all by myself (yes, it can be done!) and left for Dublin in June. Leading up to the program start date GE provided us with a lot of support, career development, and pre-departure webinars. Before and during my trip, I never felt like I was left without help.....I just needed to ask! As for Dublin and my internship placement--I loved it all! Dublin is a wonderful city and the Irish people are some of the nicest you will meet. I chose UCD as my housing option rather than Griffith College; it is further from city centre, but the facilities are a little nicer in my opinion and the program fee actually includes a LEAP Card which makes getting around Dublin super easy. My internship placement was at a community resource centre located in the city centre where I helped coordinate a youth summer program and even got the chance to work with the other groups and clubs within the centre. It was a perfect fit for me and gave me more clarity in the direction I'd like to head with my career. In addition to all of this, the program fee included some great day trips around Ireland and a couple of nice social events all with the other GE participants. One reason I really liked Global Experiences was because I had a great support network but it gave me a lot more independence than other study abroad programs I've participated in. How the program works for you really has a lot to do with keeping an open mind and making the most of your experience. I'd suggest being as involved as you can (ask questions if you have them) and don't be afraid to explore on your own, travel the country, and meet all sorts of new people. Interning through GE was the best thing I have done for myself and I'm so thankful for the people that worked with me throughout the process! I fell in love with Ireland, made so many friends, and plan to go back someday...soon =) I would highly recommend GE and the Dublin program to anyone. Worth every single penny!!

A Life-Changing Summer in Ireland

This summer I interned at a youth center that focuses on at-risk youth in the Ballyfermot area of Dublin. Coming into this internship I was really excited for the opportunity to work with young people in a different country who were used to a different lifestyle than myself. With that said, I was also really nervous because this kind of work was outside of my comfort zone. I found myself to be very successful at establishing relationships with the young people that I worked with throughout the summer. This not only brought me joy, but it also seemed to make them happy too. This made my working relationship with them much easier and more successful in the long run.

What I should also mention is that coming into this summer I was at a loss for what I want to do for the rest of my life. I've bounced from one idea to the next for the past three years I've been in college. This experience with Global Experiences and my internship has shown me exactly what my strengths are and how I can use them in the workplace. Plus, I now know that my heart lies in working with children at whatever age they may be and with whatever needs they may have.

Honestly, it would be an understatement to say that I had a good summer in Ireland. This two month internship and cultural immersion has changed my life for the better. I'm so thankful to have had the opportunity to live and work here this summer!

Dublin Summer 2015

I interned with a non-profit organization called the Africa Centre in Ireland this summer. Overall my experience was extremely positive. I got lucky with my flatmates and with my placement. I have been able to learn so much about myself in a professional but also personal way. I can safely say that if I had decided to stay in America and intern there I would not have had the same experience. I feel like this summer has given me a whole different type of experience and I am thankful for that. Global Experiences made the process of transitioning over to being abroad really simple. They were always available to answer any questions and give any advice.

Summer in Dublin

I went to Dublin for a marketing internship the summer of 2013 for three months. This experience is definitely the most notable life event for me so far where I just grew so much personally and professionally. My internship placement was exactly what I was looking for, it helped me develop a greater understanding of the marketing and advertising industries. I also had the chance to speak with people from all over the world and work with other interns from many different countries. The support from Global Experiences was on point from start to finish. Every question, concern or general confusion was alway answered and extremely helpful. My roommates were great, although we were there for the internship, we found time to travel around and explore. The friends I made then are still my closest friends today. An awesome experience all around.

Not just a summer filled with beer

My experience this summer has been absolutely incredible. Dublin is a wonderful city full of tons of things to do. I honestly wish I could stay a bit longer because there's so much more I would've liked to have done (that just means I'll have to come back). I've also made some amazing friends this summer that I've learned so much from and I will always cherish, and they have made my time here so much more incredible. As far as my internship goes, I've made great connections and learned a lot about an industry that I was very unfamiliar with, which is great! Cheers!

Design Internship in Dublin

I had a very positive experience in Dublin facilitated by Global Experiences. Overall I was satisfied with my placement with my employer and the experience will serve my portfolio and resume well in my career. Living in Dublin was very easy and the accommodations at Griffith College were definitely adequate. I would recommend this experience to my friends/peers.

Left My Heart In Ireland

I had such an amazing and almost indescribable time in Dublin, I dream of the day I can return. I met incredible people, some of whom are now my closest friends. Not only am I friends with other interns in the program, but the people I worked with were amazing and so dear to me. I was lucky enough to have a 20 minute walking commute each day which I absolutely loved. It is the most beautiful place I have ever lived to date and I miss waking up there each day. The camaraderie between the interns in Lad Lane was spectacular and each of us miss the "dorm-like" style. Although it comes with its inevitable issues, those of us that got along really loved being so close to one another and seeing each other every day. I definitely loved the day trips that were planned around the country. Travelling anywhere and everywhere you can is essential to making the most of your trip. At least it was for me.

Wonderful Experience Interning In Ireland

When I realized that my schedule during school wouldn't allow me to do a study aboard for a semester, I found Global Experiences. Through the program I was able to accomplish my dream of living aboard while simultaneously improving my resume with work experience. My time in Ireland was incredible. I loved the country, the other interns who lived with me in Dublin and my internship. I worked in a very small company and I worked directly with the company owner to help them re-brand their image.

The best part of the program was the independence it allowed me. I was able to travel around Ireland and Europe during my free time. It was a very real demonstration of what it's like to live on your own in the 'real world' post college. At times it was frustrating and challenging but all in all my experience was truly memorable.

A Summer To Remember

I had always wanted to travel to Ireland growing up. I have never thought that an opportunity would arise for me to have an internship in Dublin. It is the summer that I will never forget! I was able to meet people and gain valuable knowledge that will always be with me. My internship was with a small boutique hotel in Dublin. The people I worked with during that summer not only taught me about working in a hotel, but they also taught me to enjoy every moment. They made my experience at work so much fun! The program helped me realize that Hospitality was what I really wanted to do. There are so many people in the Global Experience group that I will always remember and will always stay in touch with. The internship and friends that I made in Dublin are something that will always be with me!

I would recommend going to Cafe Java in Blackrock which is one of the last stops on the bus route. It was a small little place and such great coffee. There is a place called The Hairy Lemon that had pretty good stew! I would also recommend trying a few places off St. Georges and Grafton Streets.

There were many different types of food in Dublin but there were many places that served "irish" type dishes.

Ireland Is Amazing And My Internship Complimented My Experience.

Ireland is where my family heritage lies. I've always wanted to go and interact with the people and see the breathtaking countryside. None of it disappointed. The people of Ireland are truly kind-hearted and generous and the land is something I often think back to fondly. My internship was not the exact placement I'd hoped for. I wanted something geared more towards fine art, but ending up at a wedding and portrait photographer ended up helping me get a part-time job back in the states. So, while I didn't get to be as creative as I'd hoped my boss was very kind and the environment was respectful and educational. I made the best of my situation and used free time at work to educate myself further on photo editing programs. I never had a "bad day" at work. After my relaxing day of work I would have plenty of free time to experience Dublin. My boss was also very understanding of the few days I was late when I got on the wrong bus as well as a couple days I took off when I got a little sick. All in all I enjoyed my program and would definitely do it again if I could.

Our living situation was the last of its kind. We were placed outside of the city and though we were close to a handy grocery store the bus ride into town was a daily task that could've been avoided. Now housing is placed downtown so there should be no more problems.

My school ended up not accepting the credits of my internship, but to my understanding that was mistake of my school and not the program.

For The Mature Professional, This Is A Great Internship Program.

Interning abroad through Global Experiences was the best summer of my life, period. Better yet, the work experience on my resume was the main reason I got a job after college.

The GE program is a far cry from the normal American study abroad bubble, and that's what makes it so amazing. I got just enough support to feel informed and comfortable before I went, but I was able to get the 'real Ireland' when I was there. Yes it was challenging at times because they don't hold your hand, but in hindsight it was the best possible way to live abroad. My internship was amazing, and I made some incredible friends while there. My summer in Ireland was an intro to the real world, and it was the differentiating factor on my resume on the job hunt. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Do Global Experiences!

At first I was self-conscious at the notion of a program finding an internship for me, as opposed to finding it myself. But after a few Skype consultations with the Global Experiences team and then arriving in Dublin, I realized just how dedicated they are to representing you abroad. They didn't merely hand you an internship; they worked as a middleman for the job that best suits you after equipping you with the tools to get it. I have a very specific set of professional interests and Global Experiences satisfied them to a T. Not to mention they recognize the importance of balancing work life with cultural life as they were responsible for some one of a kind Irish experiences. If you're thinking about interning abroad, I highly recommend Global Experiences.

The Irish Immersion

Global Experiences really stands out to me as an outstanding internship placement program because the staff were always extremely honest and considerate. Going abroad can be an extremely intimidating thing, and I was extremely impressed with GE through their ability to relate to the students. I honestly felt like I was able to feel at home away from home. And what better place to do that than Dublin, Ireland? I feel so much more connected with the world after my summer abroad.

Use Another Study Abroad Company

After a 60-second phone "interview" they tell you you're hired and ask you to fork over $6,000 for the 8-week internship, not including your plane ticket. They don't tell you your address or company you're interning for until you get there (which posed a real problem at the Irish airport and some of us were almost not admitted entrance into the country). When we arrived at our apartments we found that they had recently moved the location of where we would be staying and didn't tell us. Instead of "in the heart of Dublin" as advertised, we were about 40 minutes outside by bus. This made it hard to get to know the city and also very pricey/dangerous for late night commuting. They also informed us once we got there that we would each have to pay a $300 down payment on the apartment because of the new living situation and landlord, which would be returned to us at the end of the trip. For college students in Europe on a tight budget, this was not an option. Thankfully, we were able to argue our ways out of this one, but this should have served as a red flag. The real issue here is that my internship and one other girl's was severely disregarded and we had to travel TWO HOURS EACH WAY every day to our internship. We had to take 2 busses and a train which made our transportation costs unfairly higher than everyone else's and also caused us to miss out on a lot of socializing and exploration time due to our lengthy commute five days a week. One student upon arrival still had not been placed within a company yet and spent the first week or so applying to companies (which was the responsibility of Global Experiences). Furthermore, our boss was a creep and we found him looking at porn on his computer during work hours, having dirty Facebook chats with women which he would leave open on the community computer, and heard about sexual harassment from him around the workplace. When we, with the assistance of our college's Dean, brought all of this to the attention of every possible Global Experiences staff member that we thought could help us, they threw us a temporary bus pass that covered maybe 1/8 of our additional transportation costs and offered to relocate us closer to our jobs - and two hours away from the kids in our program and Dublin. Finally, we were told there would be group travel and happy hours, which never happened until about halfway through the trip when we brought it up to our representative multiple times. Finally he said he was able to come up with some money in the budget to buy us each a round or two and booked one bus tour. It seemed like this was something they never really planned on providing us.

Overall, Global Experiences promises you amenities and fun and a no-hassle internship abroad, but once they have your $6,000 (again, not including plane ticket) they drop you off and leave you to fend for yourself. If you are looking to intern abroad, I highly recommend you use a different company. I met many people while there that had a better living/working situation for half the cost. If you absolutely can't find anyone else to do this program with, then use Global Experiences because in the end you still get to go live in Europe and travel and have an awesome time with friends. It would just be WAY BETTER with any other company. Or, just go on your own - cheaper, and you won't have to intern!

Temple Bar should be visited but not regularly! This is the most expensive area in the city. Camden Street is a cool area.

• Global Experiences responded to this review October 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Hi, We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great time with Global Experiences. Based on your review, it looks like you may have gone on the program a few years ago. Because of some of the issues you detail here we have changed a lot about the way we operate. We no longer use partners in Dublin and work with all of the employers directly, guaranteeing we know exactly the type of work environment our interns are going into. We also now only place interns in centralized housing in downtown Dublin in a shared student residence instead of an apartment out of the city limits. This information is probably not particularly helpful to you and your experience, but we wanted to let you know that we have taken your concerns and past experiences seriously and use the information to continue to grow and improve our offerings each year. We hope you enjoyed some part of the internship experience that you can use for the future and we appreciate your feedback. -Global Experiences