Global Experiences Header Image Global Experiences Header Image

Spring & Fall Internships in Florence

Great Experience!

My 3 months in Florence was a dream true! I would recommend anyone fresh out of college to intern abroad (especially Florence). I've lived at home my whole life and living in Europe has definitely enhanced my level of independence and has made me more worldly overall. The first month was great because I brushed up on some of my italian and had a lot of free time to explore the beautiful city of Florence. The last eight weeks were equally as great because I was working at a contemporary art gallery and learned so much. My employers were very kind and made me feel that I was at home. My favourite part about this program was that every week we had scheduled events with GE interns and our internship advisor Rachel. She set up the best weekend excursions in cities all over Tuscany and organized amazing activities in Florence. She made me feel very comfortable as she was always there whenever I needed her. Overall, the food, culture, beautiful scenery and amazing relationships I created along the way made this experience all the more wonderful!

I will return a different person due to studying abroad in Florence

Before I came to Florence I was an individual who did not step out of their comfort zone. I would eat the same foods, hang out with the same people, participate in the same activities, and never truly challenge myself or my mind. When I stepped off the plane in Florence, that all changed. Studying abroad in a foreign country and immersing myself in a foreign culture allowed me to grow and mature extraordinarily as a human being. I now will try all different kinds of foods, hang out with people from all around the world, participate in activities I never even heard of before coming abroad, and constantly challenge myself with the practices of different cultures all around Europe. I have become a culturally rounded, spontaneous, more intelligent individual due to my time abroad with Global Experiences. I recommend this program to anyone willing to take a step out of their comfort zone and indulge themselves in a different culture; I promise you will not be disappointed in how you grow and learn about the person that you TRULY are.

Best experience of my life

The best perks of this experience was the cultural immersion. Definitely very enriching. I enjoyed the language school a lot, and wished that I had more time to continue studying there to improve my Italian. Never had any trouble in the living situation other than a few small, minor conflicts that could easily be solved. The Global Experience team also picked an excellent program coordinator. Rachel was extremely helpful, very easy to get along with, knows the city like the back of her hand, and did not feel like a cheesy tour guide who was babysitting us. I had a little rough start with my actual internship, but Rachel and Anna were more than able to help me resolve this, and it turned out fine in the end. The only thing I would consider improving would be the weekend excursions. I loved going out to travel, but I didn't care much for the fact that we were dragged along on bus trips with other people. I would've been just as happy to go to our destinations by train with the other interns. With downfalls aside, I would definitely relive this experience again if given the opportunity.