Global Experiences Header Image Global Experiences Header Image

Spring & Fall Internships in Dublin

Fall Internship in Dublin

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Dublin. I felt like my program was very accommodating to me as anything that I asked for was given to me without complaint. My overall experience in Dublin was great as it is a very fun city with a rich culture and long history. I felt like the people in my program were for the most part extremely friendly and open minded. I never once felt lonely or like I didn't have any one to rely on but myself.

My internship was great as I felt like it gave me the experience that is needed in my career to find a good job. I feel very proud to present my resume with my internship on it. I got to do things that I would have never been able to do as an intern in the U.S. Things like, speaking on talk shows and reading the news live on air. I really enjoyed it thoroughly as I met friends and contacts that I believe have the potential to last a life time.

Global experiences was great to me in a way that I could not have previously imagined. I was originally enrolled in their summer internship program but due to a severe family emergency I had to cancel and fly home. However I really wanted to have an opportunity to go back to Dublin and I was able to do so thanks to GE's staff accommodating me so well. I feel that I would recommend Global Experiences to any one.

Landscape Architecture internship in Dublin

I am a senior studying to get my Bachelors of Landscape Architecture, and I'm in the final week of my internship in Dublin. It was extremely difficult for me to find a program that offered either an education abroad or internship abroad experience for my field. My program at my school is extremely small, and my field isn't extremely well known. So when I found out that GE could get me an internship in Landscape Architecture it was an easy decision to make. Overall my experience with GE has been amazing, everyone that I've dealt with has been very understanding of my specific circumstances, helping me to create a payment plan that was outside of the norm because I wasn't going to be able to make the deadline, as well as helping me find counseling resources in my internship location for my anxiety. Any time I had a question or needed advice, somebody from GE was available to offer me help.
As for the internship itself, GE found me a fantastic firm where I was able to intern. They did an amazing job of finding out exactly what I needed in order to get credit, as well as the environment and type of work that I preferred. I have learned so much, and I've developed skills to an extent that I wouldn't have been able to do in my standard classes back home. Taking the time to work in the professional world in my field has been a huge addition to my education, and it's something that I think all students would benefit from.

Happiness Research Abroad

Over the course of a semester, I completed an internship at UCD with Dr. Michael O'Connell. He is a political and social psychologist and researcher. Together, we conducted an experiment on subjective well-being (i.e. happiness). He introduced me to a mixed-methods approach to research, SPSS, secondary analysis, and secondary research. Some of the skills I learned include constructing data sets in SPSS, running secondary analysis of preexisting data, how to develop a research topic from start to finish, and how to submit a paper for publication. Overall, the internship was positive and I'd highly recommend it to friends, family, peers, and other students who are interested in developing a career in psychology.

Internship at the Irish Osteoporosis Society

Interning with the Irish Osteoporosis Society has certainly been a life changing experience for me. IOS is the national health NGO/non-profit organization that focuses on the prevention and awareness promotion of Osteoporosis throughout Ireland. I have grown both personally and professionally throughout my time in Dublin, Ireland. Moreover, I have made lifelong friends and memories during the past three months and I am very appreciative for this opportunity!

An experience abroad and a far greater gift

It is a life changing experience, living abroad. Coming to a new place, intrigue and wanderlust take over as you immerse yourself within the unique culture and customs that define this “new place.” However Dublin was not one of these places, and this statement is not to be misconstrued as rude criticism. For throughout my three-month stay within this city I have come to realise a true value in Dublin, which in no small part has contributed to the success of my internship. An internship that has build a substantial foundation and networking base for my professional career. The opportunity to live in Dublin City was a blessing, but the nature and experience of my internship was a far greater gift.
The city of Dublin or county rather, encompasses diverse urban and suburban landscapes while supporting a vibrant social structure. However these are commonalities shared with most westernized cities, and has become a sort of standard for life. The true value of and in Dublin has come from the unique qualities the city holds, which can be both blatant and subtle to the average pedestrian. Some of the more blatant or apparent aspects within Dublin can be found within the low-rise architecture; with the vivid and elaborate door/entrances, unique dry rock siding, and wide arrangement of greenery be it roof moss , wall vines, or the world renown Irish grass. The lack of street signs, turning any given walk into an adventure, and the iron gates adorn each house. In addition the use of the Gaelic language throughout the city, a trait that magnifies as one moves away from the city centre.
Yet there are also more subtle and inconspicuous qualities within Dublin that revolve around the unique neighbourhoods sprinkled across central Dublin. Harcourt Street and Road bring a career orientated ambiance to Dublin 2, with companies like Ernston Young and law firms like Mason Hayes Curran, and perpetuate the professional drive of the Irish work force. While the greater Rathmines area sparks the vibrant art and music scene within the city. St Stephens Green and the surrounding area set a foreign friendly environment and just north is the Scholarly or educational hotbed of Dublin, due to Trinity College and many museums. To put this in perspective or relate it to my professional purpose, the environment one surrounds themselves with perpetuates their motivation, innovation, and efficiency. Success begins with the bed one sleeps in, and my success
On the first day of my internship, Mr. Bohan told me that this was a job and nothing else. From that day on I treated it as such, and I dealt the same level of diligence within work to each and every project I was tasked with. Seeing the success of the company around me, with new mergers and business acquisitions, drove my own ambition. Having to familiarise myself with new legislation made each day an intellectual struggle. While the abundance of tedious projects tested my ability to allocate time and plan my workload. However the most challenging and rewarding part of my internship or job rather was the freedom that I was given. We, my flatmate and I, pulled the finished project together; accomplished through the deliberation and collaboration with business contacts throughout many different fields, in addition to the accumulation and utilisation of company resources.
My job required efficiency and commended innovation, to which I supplied plenty of. I am not a boastful person, but I must say that my personal work ethic has grown exponentially over my tenure here. The contacts that I have made within this short three months will bring me a wealth of opportunities throughout my lifetime.

There's no place like Dublin to explore the music scene

I was very pleased to get an internship placement in a field that I was completely unfamiliar with! Taking the dive was the best decision of my life and I had great support from the Global Experiences team along the way to make sure I made the right choices.

As a journalist intern with Hot Press magazine, I was able to immerse myself in the Irish music scene by attending concerts and events to review. I usually had a plus one and could share the experience with my room mates as well!

Accounting internship

I had a wonderful experience this summer working with an accounting firm in Dublin, Ireland. I got everything I wanted out of the experience and then some. The people in Ireland are some of the nicest people in the world and that is something that goes under the radar when thinking about a place to intern abroad. There were many times when I found myself needing some help and without even asking, the Irish were there to the rescue. The Irish culture itself brings people together and they display that in their everyday life, which translated into my time with all the global experiences people that were out there with me. We meshed perfectly. I have never become so close to a group of strangers in only 2 months. We became family. It made saying goodbye very difficult. The people added to the incredible adventures Ireland has to offer. I strongly recommend renting a car and embracing the Irish roads. The island may be small, but the journeys that it has to offer are incomparable. Drink a pint or two while you're there too, it won't kill ya. I love Ireland, I have a newfound respect for cliffs and Irish music.

Fall Internship in Dublin, Ireland

I had an absolute blast interning in Ireland this past fall. I felt that the staff at Global Experiences really took the time to find the right placement for me and to help make the transition from living and working in the United States to becoming an intern in a foreign country as easy as possible. They were there for me every step of the way and I learned SO much. I would, without a doubt, return to complete another internship with this program. I could not have asked for a better experience.

Interning with Women's Health Clinic

Overall I had a really great experience interning with Dublin Well Woman Centre and living in Dublin. I was able to get a behind the scenes look at the inner workings of a non-profit, and grow my communication skills. Dublin has become such a special place to me and I am so grateful for this opportunity.

Ohh Happy Dublin!...

Living in Dublin, Ireland definitely changed my life. It was probably the best experience I've had in life so far. What can I say about Ireland? Simply A LOT. So much I won't be able to write it all here and I don't know where to start. So I'll start with the program in a general way and move to talk about my experience.

Global Experiences knows what they are doing, period. Starting with their employees, every person I've spoken with at GE is super nice, cheerful, kind, helpful and professional. One great thing about their employees is that they are travelers, they have been places, they embrace the culture of what they sell and they can help you because they have "been there, done that". The take the time to help you in every way, it is not a thing where you pay them and they do their work by themselves and then let you know. It is the other way around, the take you step by step in a process they have mastered, they keep you updated, they explain everything that you need to know and if you have any doubt they are there to answer it. They take the time to help you prepare your resume, cover letter and they offer webinars with helpful things you should know like how to pack for your internship, how to budget and others. They definitely try their best prepare you for what you are about to face, of course it is not something they have to do by themselves, we the interns also have to prepare for the experience. This is all pre-departure stuff.

Now, on post-departure they also did a good job. I will definitely not complain from my experience. My local coordinator in Dublin was amazing! He was the best, super nice person, always with a smile. ready to answer questions, help you in every way possible and always in reach should you need him. He took care and was in all the excursions and activity with us, which are a great part of the program. The welcome and farewell dinners, cooking classes, Cliffs of Moher, networking event, pub crawl, Wicklow, and everything else they were great, I had a really good time and it's nice to have GE organize events like that.

In terms of housing, I loved my apartment. Yes it was a little bit crowded 3 of us in one room but whatever, it's part of the experience. You'll get to say that time I was living in Dublin I slept with two other girls in one room in prison beds but I don't care, it was fun and it was the best time of my life. For me that makes up for it. Other than the crowded bedroom the apartment was perfect. Considering how small things are in Europe we had a really big kitchen, living room and bathroom. And the best part it was a 15 minute walk from city center.

For my internship placement, I will not lie. It was a love a hate relationship but I have come to learn that almost all jobs are like that. In general I'm satisfied with the internship placement, I had the best boss ever, I learned things, I loved where my office was located, the other people in the staff were great and I look back and I really liked the experience, for me that is what is important.

As for my time in Dublin, all I can say is that was probably the happiest time in my life so far. Three months for me were not enough, I wanted to stay for at least another three months. Dublin is amazing, Irish people are so nice, the city is beautiful, there are many things to do, places to see. Grafton street is placed in my memory, I think I can still name all the stores that were there. The daily walk I had to work along the canal, I can still smell the air and see the swans swimming and walking around. St. Stephens green was so amazing. I remember this Sunday afternoon, it was March so it wasn't as cold, I went to St. Stephens green and just read, write, lay there, enjoying the sun and the energy, the people around me; kids running, couples in picnics, dogs playing with their owners, it was an amazing afternoon to do nothing. Memories like this are the ones that I got from Ireland that I will always cherish and remember, I cannot start to explain it. This is only one thing, there's like a thousand more I could tell. I think you only understand if you live it. So if you are reading this it is because you are probably thinking of going abroad; my advice is to do it. Stop thinking about it, this is probably the best decision you can make and there's no way you are gonna end up regretting it, so go. From my experience I recommend GE to do it. Go somewhere, give yourself the opportunity to enjoy life in a new way and have a pint of Guinness while you are doing it :)

Global Experiences Dublin Review

I really enjoyed my time while interning abroad. The Global Experience staff did a great job at being their when we needed them and coordinating fun group events, while letting us experience and explore Dublin on our own most of the time. The staff and pre internship resume & cover letter work was a huge help. However, I wish my placement would have allowed me to take a little more time off to travel. I got two days off but it would've been nice to have a more flexible schedule abroad instead of a Monday-Friday 9-5 schedule. The accommodations at Griffith College were in a great location but the rooms were average quality. Overall, I had a great time and would suggest Global Experiences to freshman and sophomore's in college.

Let's get a pint....IN DUBLIN!!!! :-)

I've grown a lot mentally, emotionally and financially during the Dublin expirence. When I first arrived I got a foot injuring which hindered my first couple of weeks Expirences but after while everything was grand. The cliffs of mother was my favorite place and my favorite day was Paddys day because I was able to be in the parade. I Became very close with two of my coworker and my supervisor at work. There's always something to do in Dublin whether it's just taking the dart to Howth and loadsssss of great places to eat. Bring a rain coat the weather is unpredictable! If your interested in history there's tons of it and no one will have a problem telling you a little of Irish history. Dublin was awesome! I will truly miss it here.