Global Experiences Header Image Global Experiences Header Image

Fall & Spring Internships in Sydney

It was the summer of 2016

Technically it was Winter in Sydney when I was there but nevertheless it was a summer to remember! Sydney was busting to the seams with my three favourite things Food, Friends and Fun! The cuisine options were endless, the friends were lifelong and the nightlife offered a never ending series of adventures and stories that I'll remember forever.
The staff at Global Experiences was very helpful and made every effort to ensure my time in Sydney was used to its full potential. The internship that was set up for me was the opportunity of a lifetime and gave such a great perspective on the industry and provided some great connections.
I'd encourage anyone who's considering an international internship to consider the smaller programs like Global Experiences because they allow for a closer connection to the other interns and more freedom in what to do in and around Sydney.

a Once in a lifetime experience

I had one of the best times of my life. I made some really great friends and I even had the best internship possible. Although I had a tough time living and working with my roommate I did my best to make sure I had a good experience. I think it was a very unfair situation to have to work and live with someone. There is know space and after a while there isn't anything to talk about. Other than this tough situation I had a great time. My internship was challenging and fun. I learned so much about myself and the entertainment world. It is so exciting to have a motivating boss who has so much experience to offer. I learned so much from him and I also met some great people along the way of my internship. Coming into this internship I quit my job and took a risk hoping that this experience would help me grow and gain a full time job when I do go home. I took a risk and I think it was the best risk I took. I made some amazing friends, I learned so much about myself and I feel even more exciting to see what my future holds. I am actually staying longer in Sydney to better my skills and to work closer along side my boss as I feel that he has been a great motivation in my life. I am very happy about my experience in Sydney. I feel like I am a much happier person and much stronger. I have gained confidence within myself and feel very eager and excited to get into the job world and see what I can offer it. I feel that my time in Sydney was so quick and I can't express how much I enjoyed my time everyday. As nervous as I was to come, and as hard as it was everyday to live and work with someone I am still very happy and proud of myself.

Down under with the Aussie's

Honestly such an unreal experience being able to take part in such an amazing internship with people from around the globe. I made memories that I will carry on for the rest of my life and I learned so much whilst on this trip. I feel more prepared and confident with the career I want to do in the future. I highly recommend for anyone looking to travel or expand on their knowledge on not only the world but what they want to do with their career to partake in a program like this one!

Sydney Internships

I was apart of the Sydney, Australia internship group in Spring 2011. Through extensive phone interviews, guidance and information to help and prepare me for my job placement, I couldn't have asked for a better internship placement company to help me. It is no-joke that after a Global Experience internship your life will be forever changed. By trying international internships you will gain a global awareness of the world in many facets and entice you to figure out what your impact can be in it!

I recommend getting out to the different locations in Sydney. For cheap eats and drinks with good music I recommend heading to Darling Harbour. My favourite restaurant was Kaz Bah (a bit pricey). Also, the best place to try wines--Wine Odyssey (the most amazing red wine you will ever have is the 2006 Shiraz--Hun. Estate). Lastly, make sure you do a charter trip to wine country--amazing!!!

Use This Program!

This international internship program was one of the best decisions I possibly could have made for resume experience. I got placed in an incredible job right on the beach and learned so much in just two months. Living right in Sydney was incredible and had a life changing experience. Support staff was very engaging, living situation was great, and my resume looks much more impressive now. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to live in another country and get job experience while doing so.

A bit overpriced, but overall a good experience!!

I learned a lot about myself and living in the "real world." I was forced to grow up and act like a responsible adult by having a real 8 hours a day 5 day a week job and living on my own. I learned a lot interning and the experience there was also very worthwhile.

I felt I paid a lot of money to get here and did not really see much of it. While I really did enjoy the social events, none of them actually cost that much and added up to much money so I am just confused to where all my money went.

I was expecting to meet more locals, which is partially my fault for not going out and purposely meeting locals. However, I wish I lived in a local housing arrangement, even a home stay would have been nice. I felt I wasn't as immersed into the culture because all the people I met from our house are international and don't know much about where they are either.

Sydney, Australia

Over all the experience is what you make of. If you let someone or something hold you back you will not get the most out of this city or you internship placement. Sydney is a fun, lively city that anything can happen in. Take everything in as it comes, not everything is perfect, but nothing in perfect with anything you do or anywhere you go.