Global Education and Career Development Abroad Header Image Global Education and Career Development Abroad Header Image

GlobalEd | Summer | Internships & Spanish | Seville, Spain

A study abroad unlike any other!

Ever since I could remember, I have always had an interest in living abroad. So, as soon as I got to college, I practically jumped at the opportunity to participate in one of my university's study abroad programs. Today, I look back on my summer studying and interning in Seville as one of the best of my life!

And yet, after returning home and hearing all about other friends' study abroad experiences, I am confident that GlobalEd's Summer Internship and Spanish Language Program is a study abroad unlike any other!

Beyond finding me an internship that matched my professional goals and interests, the GlobalEd staff did everything they could (and MORE) to prepare me for my international internship. Although I never experienced any issues, I always felt extremely supported and welcomed by the GlobalEd director, Steven, and his amazing staff. My home-stay was also especially welcoming, so much so that I remain in contact with my señora today!

Honestly, I can't thank GlobalEd enough for the time and effort they put into my study abroad experience and recommend them to anyone looking to get the most out of studying abroad. Thanks to this program, Seville is now one of my favorite places in the world!

Internship in Seville, Spain

First, I would like to thank the GlobalEd people for the great program they provide to students and for its unquestionable commitment. When I signed up for GlobalEd internship, I was bit nervous. It turned out I worried too much! The GlobalEd people did everything to make my stay in Seville as enjoyable as it could be. Steven and Rosa were always there when you needed them. Steven even picked me up at the airport and had a bag of goodies for me! Both of them are very intelligent and caring people and I miss having coffee and tapas with them!

I ended up doing my internship at a local tour company where I gained some marketing and website development skills. I even was able to join the company’s weekend excursions to Portugal and Morocco! I gained some professional skills, improved my Spanish, and had some fun!

The place I chose to live in was a four bedroom Spanish style apartment that was in walking distance from my job. My roommates were great and they helped me with my Spanish. My friend that I met in Seville chose to live with his host family that cooked nice Spanish meals for him - he loved it!

Books can’t teach you things you can learn living in a different culture! You should do it while you have an opportunity. Seville is my favorite city in Spain and certainly is the one I recommend to experience. I definitely recommend GlobalEd as I don’t think any other company out there would care for you as much as GlobalEd does!

The Preponderant Study Abroad Program

Without question, GlobalEd exhibits the preponderance of study abroad programs in terms of quality and usefulness, among many other notable characteristics. Mr. Steven Davis and his wife, Mrs. Rosa Moreno, are not only charming and intelligent, but extremely well-connected not only in Seville but multitudinous other places in the world as well. The overall organization of the program gives students a smorgasbord of cultural, practical, and purely interesting opportunities and exercises. Due to the deep involvement of Mr. Davis and Mrs. Moreno in the program, extemporaneous meetings and trips often arise (tailored to the specific student/s). This program is truly more than many of the other so rigidly structured corporate-run programs.

I was given many experiences related to my major, meeting with business professionals, entrepreneurs, as well as working on actual marketing research for a start-up company based out of Seville. All of the meetings were interesting and fun. The excursions were led by a friendly and knowledgeable guide (Alejandro), and were to significant locations in southern Spain. Nevertheless, there was no shortage of free-time for personal travel and exploration of the amiable and beautiful city of Seville.

My experiences can hardly be summarized in a simple review; however, I am grateful to GlobalEd (Steven and Rosa) for opening to me one of the best experiences of my life. I absolutely recommend this program and everything that comes with it.

My time in Seville, Spain

My time in Spain has definitely been the highlight of my years in college, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. In fact, I kind of did. I studied abroad with GlobalEd in Seville twice, one semester in 2013 and one in 2014. The reason for this is, simply put, it is an incredible program and I was dying to do it again. I got to see Roman ruins, ancient castles, and even where Columbus petitioned the king and queen of Spain for his voyage west. All of these trips were included in the program and came with our own private tour guide. The housing was perfect; I got to live with a family who really took me in, and I think that this might have been where I learned the most during my time. They welcomed conversation and helped me with all kids of things (such as train tickets) while at the same time they gave me all the freedom I needed during my stay with them. I am very grateful to the staff at GlobalEd for all of the things they did to put this program together and I would recommend it to anyone. Go for it!