Global Education and Career Development Abroad Header Image Global Education and Career Development Abroad Header Image

GlobalEd | Semester | Work + Study | Seville, Spain

Medical Internship in Seville, Spain

The medical internship with GlobalEd went above and beyond my expectations! On arrival, Steven picked me up at the airport and introduced me to my host family, took the students out to dinner, and showed us around the city. At the hospital, the doctors were all super friendly and helpful, and really interested in helping you get the most out of your experience. The whole hospital, including its patients were very understanding of your Spanish level, and many of them wanted you to help them learn a little English as well. I was able to see and help out with so much at the hospital! You can observe the urgent care clinic, pediatrics, help nurses with rounds and medications and so much more! I was even able to watch several C-sections and a natural birth!!! This program also tailors your assignment in the hospital to your interests! Outside of the hospital, I had a great host family who were all very welcoming and really kind people. There are also tons of opportunities to travel on the weekends, and there is a great night life in Seville as well! This program is truly a once in a life time opportunity!

AMAZING!!!

This program was a home run, to simply say it changed my life would be an understatement. Years later I still think back on my experience and I can honestly say I will never forget it. From the beginning Steven and Rosa were there for me they helped me get credits for not only my classes but also my internships, they also went the extra mile to become an approved provider for my University since I was the first student at my school to use them as a provider.

Once in Spain the entire experience from the moment I got off the plane till I went home was awesome. They placed me in a great internship and helped me pick the classes that best suited me and my skills. Since graduating every interview I have had has brought up and asked me about my experience abroad. In fact, one of my bosses sons went through the same program after hearing about my experience.

Honestly, If I could do it all over again I would not change a thing.

Medical Internship in Seville, Spain!

I participated in a medical internship in Seville, Spain for six weeks over the summer. It was an amazing experience!! Being that I am an Exercise Science major (Pre-Physical Therapy), there weren't a whole lot of classes that I was able to take abroad to fulfill requirements for my major. I was also unable to go for a full semester because it would have put me behind in school. I've always wanted to go to Spain, and this internship gave me the opportunity to get a study abroad experience in the country I've always wanted to go to....and not put me behind in school! While I was there, I did work in a hospital, a physical therapy clinic, and was able to be in the operating room during a few surgeries. The internship was very personalized and gave me some hands on experience in the field of study I am going into. On the weekends when I wasn't working at my internship, I was able to travel all over Europe! It was a blast. I also got letters of recommendations from a doctor that I worked with in Spain and the director of the program to use on my grad school applications. Spain was an absolutely beautiful place to study abroad and a greater resume builder for me! I can't say enough good things about my experience, and I highly recommend to anyone that they take advantage of any opportunity to study abroad!

Reliable, Well-rounded Program

I participated in a mixed study/intern abroad program with Global Ed in the fall of 2013. I had a remarkable experience. The staff was patient and informative when answering my many questions. They truly were available to students while we were in Spain; my family and I felt very reassured knowing they were there and ready to help if any problems arose. They had clearly thought ahead regarding anything students may need and were prepared to orient us to our new temporary home upon our arrival.
In my opinion, the most beneficial part of my study/intern abroad experience was my internship in a private hospital. I was able to see and interact with more patients than I ever would have been able to in the US. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of activity I was able to shadow.
I had an excellent host family that helped me improve my language skills and welcomed me into their home. They were one of the best parts of my experience.
Overall, Global Ed is a small program which allows students more individualized attention. Throughout the entire process I felt as though my specific wishes were being catered to. I am glad I chose to study abroad with them.

Life changing

The experience with GlobalEd Programs, not only reaffirm my work and professional way, but through out different opportunities I got at the company where I was an intern, I could continue my journey, following my passion and dream for music.

Intern for the Museo del Baile Flamenco with GlobalEd

The dedication and passionate energy demonstrated by GlobalEd's Managing Director and Academic Coordinator made this internship into a valuable and unforgettable experience. Throughout my 6-week stay, they offered the perfect balance of support for the innumerable culture shocks while at the same time giving space for full cultural immersion and personal growth. I enjoyed my time in Sevilla so much that I ended up spending a year abroad in two different countries and am currently working abroad. Now that I can look back and compare the structure of various student travel programs, it is clear that GlobalEd did an impeccable job in all aspects of the study/work abroad experience. I am so happy to see the program expanding its reach and giving other students the opportunity to develop their skills and become fluent in the cultures of other countries.

Amazing internship & interesting classes in Seville, Spain

I loved being a part of GlobalEd because it was very personal - Steven & Rosa, the company founders, were basically like my second set of parents and really cared about my experience in Spain. They helped place me in a very interesting internship at a flamenco museum in Seville where I was able to interact with lots of international tourists on a daily basis, improve my Spanish dramatically, make friends with my coworkers who were from all over the world, and also learn about a part of Spanish culture I didn't know much about before: the beautiful art of flamenco. My classes at the University of Seville were also very interesting because they were classes I would normally never be able to take in the USA.