Global Dental Relief Header Image Global Dental Relief Header Image

Volunteer with Children in Cambodia

Cambodia dental trip

A wonderful, organized and rewarding program. All the legwork was accomplished for us, allowing the volunteers to do much needed dental work very efficiently. I especially enjoyed our interactions with our Cambodian partners. We work hard but also have time to sightsee and have fun. The trip leaders and other volunteers were great; dedicated and caring individuals. The accommodations were lovely and the town of Siem Reap lively.

Angkor Wat

We work 3 days, take a day off, work 3 days, etc. And I spent my time at Angkor Wat. There are arranged tours but you can hire a driver and a guide at any time. Don't forget the museum in town, too. I was completely comfortable wandering around town on my own after clinic hours, unlike some cities. And the rooms had ac which was welcome after a day of heat and humidity.

cambodia dentistry for kids

Well run portable clinic in elementary school with large numbers of kids requiring extensive dental care keeps everyone busy during the day. Siem Reap with its restaurants, nightlife and access to major archeological sites keeps volunteers busy in their down time. This trip has higher comfort levels for the volunteer than some of the other trips. Currently the accomodations are even of higher standard than when I was with this group. It is an amazing volunteer location for anyone who wants to volunteer in a dental clinic but is unsure whether they can deal with tougher third world living conditions.