Global Dental Relief Header Image Global Dental Relief Header Image

Volunteer in a Charity Dental Clinic in Vietnam

GRATIFYING

GRATIFYING... That is the one word to describe working with GDR. GDR has given me the most rewarding opportunity to "GIVE BACK". Viet Nam was the last of the 6 countries that that I have gone to to 'help those who can't help themselves'. The experience of working with the locals to help the kids was not a new experience for me. ... SMILES.... on the kids faces when the slide out of the mobile chair is the plus to our hard work. I'm an octogenarian here to say the you are never too old to participate in one or more of the clinics. GDR will make all of the arrangements or you can make them for yourself. I have done both. Grandma and Grandpa, here is your chance to 'do some good'.

Rewarding and Fun Experience

I traveled to Cambodia in January 2014 and had an amazing time. From the moment I landed until I left the country the staff at GDR were amazing. This program is about helping kids but the secondary experience is helping volunteers to learn about a different country and culture. We worked hard on clinic days and had lots of fun on non-clinic days.

If you are looking for a well organized program that also provides free/independent time this is a great choice.

Vietnam Volunteer

Vietnam was a great clinic in which we saw 860+ children. The nice thing about it was that we also had Vietnam dentists and lots of other local help. The clinic meals were locally made on site at the school and of course the clinic was run with the normal efficiency you expect with Global Dental We were treated to a great going away thank you dinner and program by the local staff. This was also an interesting country to visit since it has such a recent history with the US. A memorable moment was when we visited the DMZ and at Danang there were two people who wanted to take pictures with us . One fought for the north and the other the south and they were brothers. There english was "friends"