Journey to China has all the depth, adventure, culture and wonder you could hope for. Join us on an expedition through an ancient civilization leaping forward into the future.
We travel to Xi'an and visit the extraordinary Terracotta Warriors where thousands of statues face east in battle formation, protecting the emperor's tomb. Our next stop is Chengdu, home of the Giant Panda, the world's largest stone Buddha and plenty of spicy Sichuan cuisine!
Mei Shan's serene subtropical rainforest is home to a remote Buddhist retreat where we enjoy a unique cultural experience amidst a natural mountain setting. Dali, in southwest China, is a backpacker's oasis and our kick-off point for trekking Tiger Leaping Gorge. Yangshuo on the Li River is an adventure sports mecca where we can enjoy caving, rock climbing, Tai Chi, biking and cooking classes.
Our last stop is Beijing, a captivating and energetic international city.
* Great Wall overnight trek.
* Cooking school, rock climbing, Tai Chi.
* Buddhist Monastery overnight trek.
* Xi'an, Terracotta Warriors.
* Hong Kong & Beijing.
* Four overnight train journeys.
* Tiger Leaping Gorge two-night trek.
* Community Service Project: 8 hours