Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

Tutor English To A Family In Spain

Tutor a Family in Spain

The program was a huge success for me, the procedures to follow for signing up were easy. Each step of the application was straightforward, contact with the people at Geovisions throughout the application process, was really helpful. I felt I had a fantastic relationship with everybody I spoke to, the process was smooth and Geovisions soon found me a family. I would recommend this program to anybody, it is a fantastic, worthwhile experience for broadening your horizons, meeting amazing new people and experiencing a culture different to your own, it provides you with memories to treasure for a lifetime. I am grateful to Geovisions for making this program so accessible to people, with its affordability being immensely important.

If you are thinking of travelling abroad, expanding your conceptual knowledge of the world, speaking a new language, making awesome new friends and feeling a part of a new community while providing the opportunity for others to learn your language. You really cannot go wrong with this program and I would urge you to sign up, it has changed my life with the experiences I have and the friends I have made, and I cannot wait to revisit in future. Thanks Geovisions!

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Summer in Spain

The staff were very helpful in placing me with a family that fit my lifestyle. I had the most wonderful experience with my host family in Granada. I am grateful to GeoVisions for helping me plan my trip and for keeping in contact with me; making sure I was ok and everything was going well while I was abroad. I honestly could not have asked for a better experience, my only regret is that I wish I could've stayed longer!

A Rewarding And Interesting Experience

My host family were extremly welcoming and made me feel at ease straight away. They met me at the nearest train station and were very understanding. Also, they let me join in activities that they happened to be doing like swimming or going to the cinema.

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

The Experience In Spain Is One I'll Never Forget And I Learned A Lot About Teaching And Myself.

My experience with Geovisions was fairly good and I enjoyed the experience in Spain thoroughly. The family were amazing and you really get the opportunity to experience another culture entirely. I wish to complete another program with Geovisions as I know they are trustworthy and always available to help.

Experience With Spanish Culture And Educational System

The overall program gave me a very neat insight to Spanish culture, and also helped me learn to relate to different people whether it was teaching the kids English or teaching local friends games or other skills that I know. The family was welcoming, and encouraging my practice of the Spanish language. My goal is to become an educator and I think this trip has definitely helped me acquire useful skills for my future. However, as far as learning Spanish goes, I don't think this was the best program to learn Spanish. Although very enthusiastic, I found it very easy to neglect my Spanish textbook and studies. The main practice I was able to get, was with friends that I met in Spain, the locals. With them, I was able to practice and I was forced to communicate in Spanish. However, I was only with them on average of a couple of times a week, so my practice was limited. Due to schedules with the family, I was mostly around the kids with whom I had to speak English. So, when at my stay, I was mainly speaking English aside from the occasional small-talk with the parents or housekeeper. This experience definitely challenged me in a good way, and allowed me to see a lot of the Spanish culture and a lot of Madrid. As far as travel is concerned, my host family lived an hour and a half outside of Madrid via public transit and only 20 mins via car. I would definitely research public transportation prior to arriving, but I would also highly recommend this program if future plans involve teaching. It helped me with lesson planning, analyzing progress as well as struggles, and also with my patience. If the main objective is to learn Spanish, I recommend finding a class to take while there that way studying is mandatory. Befriending the locals definitely helps and I feel is the best for learning because you're forced to talk, which at first is frightening and very intimidating. My experience was phenomenal, most people are very patient and very welcoming. Spain is very rich in it's history and is a very beautiful country. Find a way there whether it's through this program or another!