63 Whitfield Street On The Historic Guilford Green Guilford, CT 06437 United States
2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
please contact GeoVisions
Lend your skills to this remarkable volunteer abroad program that allows you to travel for less and explore Italy at the same time! Spend 15-20 hours a week assisting Italian teachers and helping students with English conversation, listening, and comprehension for your volunteering time. This rewarding and exciting program will give you flexibility to travel while providing hands on experience interacting with students and teachers. Volunteers must be flexible and may be asked to tutor during school hours or after school, assist Italian teachers during class, teach conversational English to groups of students or to tutor English during other initiatives organized by the town hall, community or school.
* Travel for less.
* You put in a couple of hours each day literally talking, and the rest of your time is spent traveling and experiencing the culture in depth.
* Enhance your resume by volunteering with the Conversation Corps. Job: "Private Language Tutor." References: Global. It just doesn't get any better than that.
* You "meet" your family in advance through email and phone calls. Each family is interviewed and carefully screened by in-country staff.
* Exclusive materials written by GeoVisions staff will give you "a bag of tricks" as you engage your new family.
* Join our Facebook Fan page or our Facebook Conversation Corps Group and begin the conversation now. And when you come back, our Returnee network is a great place to share your experiences.
Conversation Partner volunteers must be native English speakers. They need to have earned a high school (secondary school) diploma or certificate, be in good health and abide by the family's rules and habits.
Please visit our website for current pricing.
* Personalized Volunteer Placement with a host family through our Partner in Italy, including all the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary with the local organization.
* A comfortable, safe place to live in Italy, including all your meals while with the host family.
* An experienced U.S. based GeoVisions Program Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Italy.
* Airport pickup and return.
* Transport to your host family.
* Professional, locally-based staff to provide orientation, supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
* Extensive medical, accident and dental insurance along with emergency evacuation insurance.
* Important documents, including in-depth pre-departure packs, orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
* A toll-free 24-hour emergency hotline in the U.S.
* Our own text book, A Tutor's Guide--Teaching English To Families and Children.
* Premium online membership at the ESL-Lounge.
* Two-months membership at Pongo Resume.
* The President's Volunteer Service Award including a lapel pen, letter from the President of The United States and certificate.
American, Australian, Canadian and Kiwi Participants.
GeoVisions is committed to help individuals develop global skills to succeed in the twenty-first century. These skills will ultimately lead to greater cooperation and understanding among nations and peoples of the world. We are committed to treating every person on a GeoVisions program with respect, and devoting our energies to helping participants meet their individual and collective goals.
I had the time of my life, and I wanted to let you know how impressed I was with GeoVisions. I spoke to other women who were doing the same program as I am only they went through other organization...More
Did you participate on a program with GeoVisions?
Share your thoughts!