Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

Summer Camp Counselor in Thailand (3 weeks)

I fell in love with Thailand!

My summer program with Global Teaching Adventures was an amazing journey. The kids we taught in Ayutthaya and Korat taught me how to be more open-minded and how to view the world with a sense of optimism. I absolutely fell in love with the students. Thailand allowed me to be open to trying new things; I ate the most delicious street food, learned how to cook Pad Thai, and made lifelong friends. Kevin was a wealth of information, giving key insider tips and advice to help me have the best experience possible. I mean he's practically Thai! Johna's support and guidance gave me the confidence I needed during the English camps. They were both with us every step of the way. I feel so thankful for my time in Thailand, I look forward to returning someday and hope by sharing my experience other people will make the same choice!

The best choice I made

Volunteering in Thailand was one of the best choices I could have made. It was such a rewarding experience and it gave you glimpses of life in a very different world. I made incredible memories and met some amazing people. I enjoyed teaching the children every day. There were times when I got exhausted, but the smiles on the kids' faces made it all worth it. The children were fantastic and enthusiastic to learn not only the English language but about our lives in the U.S. One of my favorite memories of the trip was when the principal of the Ayutthaya school brought us into his house and his wife and mother taught us how to cook a few traditional Thai dishes. I was amazed at the kindness and generosity of these people. This is also the night when I started to feel entirely at home in this beautiful country. Since returning home, I have had an immense desire to return to Thailand and once again go on a volunteer teaching adventure. I highly recommend this program if you would like to teach and have a true Thailand cultural experience.

An Asian adventure with a meaningful impact

During the multi country program I have been to three very different countries. I got the chance to ride a motorbike around ancient ruins, build a school with locals and sing Taylor Swift with university students. Mostly from this experience I will take away the impact the students had on me. They were so loving and open to a foreigner coming in for a short time teaching them another language. This experience is something I will never forget and has been the opportunity of a lifetime.

Incredible volunteer experience and more

Going to Thailand was such a great life choice for me. I call it a life choice because that is what it felt like when I got back. I felt different, somehow changed by the smiles, the food, the weather, and the endless love I got from the kids I taught. Some of my best memories are in Thailand with the friends that I made. Without my girls, my trip would not have been nearly as fun. We traveled like locals, started speaking like locals (we had some Thai language lessons), mixed with local friends and family but we ate like kings! The food just did not stop coming – all really good. Kevin and his staff were always there to answer any questions, we had a lot ;) By the second day we had all settled in and knew it was going to be a fun trip. I’m not a teacher but the way Johna presented the material made it easily understood and fun. The schools we went to were used to foreign teachers and they just had so much love for us. Our accommodation was nice and very safe. The only negative comment that I have is that it was way too short! Our time in Thailand felt like it was over before it even started. I’d go back in a heartbeat.

Amazing! Incredible! In-love with Asia!

I've been back home now for over six months and I'm still very close to the people I've met in Asia. I've even attended one of the girls wedding - the friendships I made while on this program are just amazing. We all got on from the first week and all had so much fun together. There was also a lot of work involved and a few early mornings but oh so worth it. Everything went as planned and our team did a great job in making sure that we were happy and experiencing Thailand to the full. We spent about a week in Bangkok, perfected our teaching plans, learned a bit of Thai, saw some amazing temples and then went to Ayutthaya (the old Thai capital).This is where I fell in-love with Thailand. The city is full of ancient ruins and you can see them just by walking around. I learned to ride a motor bike and that is where the fun really began - we would wake up early and go on morning temple rides. We got to meet such great people and before we knew it, our time was up and we had to move onto to our next camp. We got to see a lot of Thailand and ended our trip on Koh Samet (about 3 hours from Bangkok). This island is everything you’ve ever seen if you’ve done a search on Thailand islands – white sandy beaches and turquoise water. This trip gave me the opportunity to reflect on what is important to me and reinforce my love for teaching. It was well planned, our accommodation was perfect and I could not have asked more from our management team.

My time in Thailand

Volunteering abroad in Thailand was one of the most amazing & memorable experiences I've had in life so far! I decided to volunteer abroad only about two weeks before departure & I am glad I did! The children there are so loving, happy, and appreciative of your time; their smiles and attitudes show it! I had such a wonderful time in Thailand, with the perfect mixture of teaching and exploring Thai culture & I would go back in a heart beat!

More Adventure than teaching

I did this program wanting to travel and experience Thailand. The program was more focused on immersing the volunteers in the Thai way of life. I wish we were more well-prepared with our teaching and our lessons, as most of us felt thrown into the lesson plans. Overall I really enjoyed this experience, but some of the volunteers that wanted it to be more focused on teaching felt disappointed.

Cultural experience and teaching English in Thailand

Geovisions provided me with an awesome cultural experience of Thailand. We experienced Bangkok, Ayuttuaya and Koh Samet. We've learned history of Thailand, some basics of speaking Thai, and were introduced to the local school system. I've enjoyed all aspects of the adventures and the wide variety of experiences that were provided to me. Thanks!!

Taking the Leap

For years I had been interested in traveling abroad to teach but every time I was close to making it happened fear got the best of me and I backed out. This past year something changed and I finally decided to take the leap and travel to Thailand to teach. Upon arrival I was still nervous and didn't know what to expect. But once I met the people in charge of our program they put me at ease and so the adventure began. This has been one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I was fascinated by the Thai culture and by the great desire of the children to learn. I highly recommend this experience to anyone because it will force you to step out of your comfort zone only to help you grow as an individual. I have every intention on participating in another volunteer trip soon.

Teaching while learning

This was an amazing experience to learn about a new culture. The volunteers were able to teach wonderful children and learn from the, as well. We learned about the culture and ourselves along the way. Each day we were provided with the opportunity to reflect on the day and create engaging lessons for the students we were teaching. We spent a lot of time together exploring the country and getting a feel for the Thai lifestyle.

Volunteering in Thailand

Volunteering in Thailand was an amazing experience. I was initially nervous about traveling abroad to a place I had never been with people I wasn't familiar with, but I made such great friends and had an invaluable experience working in the elementary schools and traveling with my group. Learning about Thai education really encouraged me to explore alternative ways of teaching that I hope to one day use in my own classroom. Being able to touch the Thai students lives was the most meaningful experience- they definitely showed us why Thailand is called "Land of Smiles"! We spent lots of time exploring the country and learning about the culture, and to do it with newfound friends was absolutely an experience I am so grateful for, and recommend to anyone!

Volunteering in Thailand

Overall I had a great experience. I learned a lot of great information. I loved the time in the schools. I loved seeing all the different culture experiences. I feel like it could have been more organized and I wish we had more time in the schools.

Teaching in Thailand ft. cultural immersion

Thailand is gorgeous and the people are as well! I've had a great experiencing teaching the students, and being taught in return. You will not only learn factual information on this beautiful country, but the people too. To anyone who loves traveling and making an impact, I highly suggest this trip. The team is extremely helpful with making us feel welcome in their homeland, as well as putting us at ease in this new and foreign place.

Volunteering in Thailand

This has been an amazing experience overall. Did i leave my comfort zone from time to time
? Yes. But i wouldn't change anything. This trip went beyond volunteering, and really offered a broad cultural experience. You inevitably form a bond with your teammates, which is awesome. Although sometimes things felt a tad unorganized, that is life, and i wouldn't expect anything else!

Summer in Thailand

This program was amazing and Thailand is absolutely beautiful. I really enjoyed the time spent in all the different cities as well as the friends I have made. This was my first time traveling without my parents and I didn't know anyone else who was doing the program...so I was a bit nervous. After the first full day with group, I got closer with a few of the girls which helped with the homesickness.

Even though we only taught for a few days, I had a wonderful experience in the schools and I bonded with a few very adorable Thai students. I think I will definitely come back to Thailand in the future and hope to go back to one of the schools and teach again.